Reusing poison gases

Yeah, but hitler's mind worked on severe racism. You have to understand that to him Jews where on the same level as wild dogs so in his twisted view it was like he wasn't even gassing other people.

But, yes, even Hitler wasn't willing to use poison gas on the enemy armies, even when pushed back to the rhine.

He didn't do so because he knew that it would be replied with airborne drops of huge amounts of gas from the allies who controlled the skies. Not because he had any aversion to using gas. He just didn't want to get annihilated by it himself.

Hitler was a product of WWI so he knew from experience that gas was ok in trenches but not on open battle fields. When all sides learned that gas wasn't as effective as they had hoped and that gassing the enemy caused them to gas you, it wasn't used a lot. Back then, they hoped mustard gas would drive people out of trenches and into the real WMD of the day, machine guns.

I remember my Dad's boss spoke in a whisper and I learned he had gotten in mustard gas in WWI.

Agent Orange was a defoliant. A task which it performed quite well. It was never intended to be used as a weapon. It's detrimental affects to human health were it's disaster - not any use as a means of offense.

Back