Retrosexuals Movement!

and let's not forget the immortal words of Shooter Jennings: "Put the "o" back in country."

SEriously. Country music has gone to hell in a handbasket. I can't remember the last time I didn't have to go to Limewire to listen to a good drinking song.

What if you don't qualify for number 22 because you're 16 and live in Louisiana, where there's no snow? :)

Amen to all of the above. I am a retrosexual through and through.

I'm only 16, but I still do all those things.

In fact, we were on the subway once, in NYC, and a lady walked on, and i got up and offered her my seat, which she accepted. Not only did she think i was hitting on her( which by the way i wasn't, she was like 50ish, which is a wee bit old for me) my parents, or my mom i should say, though i was crazy.

another instance. I feel like i am the only youth alive today that takes his hat off when I speak to a lady, or walk indoors. I don't know about the rest of you Retrosexuals, but i think that should be added to the Code.

I especially cant stand when the young punks talk, or keep their hat on when the pledge of alligiance is said, or the national anthem is played. That gets under my skin soooooooo bad.

and no, i dont consider my self a young punk.

God do I really feel old.

My mama and papa raised me up to respect my elders in general and ladies in particular.

If I addressed an older man or woman with anything other than "Sir" or "Ma'm" I'd get my ears boxed.

If I were to forget myself and cut loose with a cuss word or two while ladies were present - whyyy - ma would break out the soap for an old fashioned mouth cleansing.

Dutch Treat wasn't even in my vocabulary when I'd take a date out for an evenings entertainment and if I 'forgot' to open a door for a young lady and mama found out about it, I'd hear about it for a month of Sundays.

Pulling out the chair to seat your date was a must - you for sure didn't want to pull it out from her as a joke. Pa would do more than just box your ears. He'd take a switch to you and make you go out to cut and trim the switch.

Sex - that was simply put, Male or Female. The act of sex wasn't something that was discussed in polite society. That was something the boys talked about out behind the barn or in the backroom of a "Redneck Bar".

If ma or pa caught you talking about sex you'd get grounded for a month and were consigned to purgatory for a week (your room w/no TV).

Retro-sexuality is nothing but just plain "old style manners" or "common courtesy" and it's something I've been practicing for over 61 years and continue to practice today.

For sure it is a way of life that has all but disappeared from the lexicon of the young. If you observe their manners you'd think we were on another planet. Manners and courtesy seem to be extinct.

I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO SEE A RETURN TO A KINDER AND SIMPLER SET OF MANNERS FOR HUMAN INTERACTION. IT WAS MUCH MORE FUN AND GENTEEL.

Last edited:
dont tell me this movement has died!!! We need to keep it up guys! that guy in the Sally Forth comic strip is pissing me off! What a wimp!

Hear hear.
"I especially cant stand when the young punks talk, or keep their hat on when the pledge of alligiance is said, or the national anthem is played."- I yelled at a friend of mine for not shutting the eff up and standing still during the National Anthem. Granted, he is Scottish, and not technically an American citizen, but you know what? You still need to put a sock in it and sit still for my country's song.

Another thing...This doesn't need to be in jokes. This is a serious issue. The statements may be funny, but they're true. At least put it in General Chit Chat.

I don't see why you guys think that all girls try to make a man yah know, not so manly, I agree with all these things.

and on #11, why may I ask were you even with the little controlling b**** in the first place?? There are plenty of other girls out there, who will like you FOR your manliness.

I want a guy with good manners and knows how to do things, not a rude, cocky, incompetant guy who doesn't know s***!

You guys think that the guys are the only ones who want this code to happen, well I think any decent girl would agree with me!!

men are men, girls are girls, we're DIFFERENT, and we need to stay that way!!

I have nothing against gay men though in any way shape or form, in fact I support gay marriages!

Thank ya Henderson. I go to a military academy in Virginia, Fork Union, and even there I have seen people mumble, laugh, scratch and all kinds of stuff while we are at present arms during retreat. That makes me so mad! I always go into their room and pop them a good one, even if they are one of my best friends. I'm not the biggest guy there at all, there are a ton of post-graduate football players and other guys, but when I get mad, nothing stops me. If they hit back, I dont even feel it. That kinda crap gets me riled. It usually doesnt happen again. I really hate that crap.

Hoooooah!

Come to think of it when I was a kid this was called being a 'redneck'. :)

Last edited:
:bravo:We will take our country back

and something for Americans: Politicians are paid to be politically correct we are not so why the F#ck should we be this is america.

Back