Retirement homes

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
Hey guys,
I do community service at a retirement home for old women. I gotta tell you, it's one of the saddest places on earth. Some women can't even talk because they're so old... one was just skin and bones. The staff treat them poorly... I don't though and actually it was shocking that they were taken by surprise.
I helped them out through out the day and cleaned their living space, cafeteria etc.
It was quite an experience.
I asked them what it was like living there... they told me because of the lonliness and boredom it was hell.
I think that's probably the saddest place I've ever been. And this retirement home's supposed to be one of the better ones.

Well, first let me praise you for helping those who can no longer help themselves. My Mother and Mother-in-Law are both in nursing homes and we, the family have to keep constant, daily watch on them because of shoddy performance by the staff. There has been instances of my Wife questioning medicine type and dosage and found them to be wrong. The disabled lie in wet or dirty bedclothes long enough to develop sores. My Wife has adopted everyone in her Mother's home and she literally becomes family to those who have outlived their family or have a family who does,t care anymore. She brightens their day by simply showing care and giving attention.

Thank you.
Yeah.
I went yesterday and even today I'm having trouble digesting my food.
There's this one woman who is in such poor shape that she's just skin and bones. She has trouble making sounds out of her mouth, so you have to try to lip read. THe staff doesn't even try. On top of that, she's illiterate.
She was feeling really sick but no one could understand. I figured out what she was saying, and then from that, the staff realized she had a case of indigestion. But let me tell you, when it's the first time you hear... or in this case read, someone say, "my chest hurts... my chest hurts... I'm scared..." you don't quite walk out the way you walked in.

Back