Retired from Marines

Dude man... this Euro trip with my wife has gone down the tubes.
The civilian world really gets on my nerves and I've already had heated arguments with an immigration officer who was a real dick.
Lots of staring down exchanges with numerous people.
So we've decided to end the trip today. Basically I just get into fits of rage all the time that's screwing up everything.

I feel ya bro. I go through it still. KJ's rounds were on target. It is now the rare bird you will come across who has integrity, initiative and honour. In ym experience every civilian I have met who possessed these qualities was prior service. Hell it was one of the motivating factors with my bid to get back in uniform. I'm a short cheap trip away if you want to come down and kill some beers and blow off steam.
:drink:

Yeah I've been thinking of going back in and that's a hot issue between us right now. She's okay with it if only I stay away from all combat arms. I guess getting shot at will have to wait for my next life.
Any suggestions Bulldogg?
I don't know how long it may take to get a Green Card if I choose to but if I do maybe I can join the reserves of some sort? I have no idea.
Civilian life blows man...
And she hates drinking.
I already quit smoking for her.
I mean, she KNEW I was like this so arrrrgh!
She won't even let me keep a gun (where legal). If I have to live like a complete pacifist, I think I'll go postal.

I think life in the military and life outside the military are very different. You are doing what you were trained to do. there is nothing wrong with that.

I've been out with Bulldogg a few times, we've both assessed the same situation but reacted differently.. He was more (and he can correct me if I am wrong) straight up and in their faces.. Mine was more they're punks, their outta arms reach. f*ck em..

Yeah I've been thinking of going back in and that's a hot issue between us right now. She's okay with it if only I stay away from all combat arms. I guess getting shot at will have to wait for my next life.
Any suggestions Bulldogg?
I don't know how long it may take to get a Green Card if I choose to but if I do maybe I can join the reserves of some sort? I have no idea.
And she hates drinking.
She won't even let me keep a gun (where legal). If I have to live like a complete pacifist, I think I'll go postal.

13th, my suggestion is to find friends who also served and feel what you feel and value what you value. When you do find friends of your caliber don't let anything **** up that friendship... wives get jealous of the bond fighting men have and will do little devious ****ing things to sabotage it.

Women come and go but mates are for life.

The Green Card is a hot issue for me... can't give you an answer without going into a full on blue rant.

I know when I am out with people if one of my mates who was in the military is not with me I feel like I am an island. Isolated, no back up I can truly count on... but when he is there I know no matter what he will back me up come hell or high water no questions asked. You need that to stay sane mate. Civvies will say "Well he's my friend but he started the fight so I'm not getting involved." Mates who served think differently and I don't have to tell you about that now do I? ;)

hey there redneck i know i cant say much but i had a friend who had to get out of the marines and it took him a long time to adjust in fact he still is so just stick it out hon you'll be alright and I'm sure you know that all your marine brothers are there for you to talk to and thanks for serving as well i cant wait till i leave lol

13th, my suggestion is to find friends who also served and feel what you feel and value what you value. When you do find friends of your caliber don't let anything **** up that friendship... wives get jealous of the bond fighting men have and will do little devious ****ing things to sabotage it.

Women come and go but mates are for life.

The Green Card is a hot issue for me... can't give you an answer without going into a full on blue rant.

I know when I am out with people if one of my mates who was in the military is not with me I feel like I am an island. Isolated, no back up I can truly count on... but when he is there I know no matter what he will back me up come hell or high water no questions asked. You need that to stay sane mate. Civvies will say "Well he's my friend but he started the fight so I'm not getting involved." Mates who served think differently and I don't have to tell you about that now do I? ;)

Oh yeah, I think I remember you saying something about getting one for your wife and how it wasn't turning out so well or something.
Man, it is one tough little thing to get.

And she hates drinking.

Trying to readjust and not having a relief valve is whats kickin yer butt man.

You and the little lady need to come to an understanding about give and take.:wink:

Back