Gate of Dingyuan,s IRON

The near future,chine will restructure Zhenyuan
as patriot Battleship.

teien02.jpg

AMMO of Dingyuan

http://www.beiyang.org/dingyuan/bd.htm
reconstruction of dingyuan

Last edited:
That's supposed to be a battleship? Right on, ok, now I know why I have never heard any stories about the victories of the Chinese Navy.

But by god, look at the shells it carries. Not bad for a cruise ship.
But then again, this was 1881 I believe. We're not talking about a Dreadnought or anything like that.

raft.jpg

NEWSFLASH

Royal Australian Navy re-furbishes the HMAS Tinnie.

"Records show that the Dingyuan was recognized as the most advanced battleship of its time, better than any ship in the fleets of Great Britain and Germany."

and it's a cool looking ship. But I don't understand what particular significance this ship has that it was re-made. I mean, I read that wikipedia source and they said it was hurt so bad it had to be scuttled.

Normally we praise ships like the Nimitz carrier that have proven invaluable in wartime and never sunk or the Battleship Texas which was in service for nearly 60 years and, again, never sunk. Praising a ship that was in, what, one battle and got sunk seems odd to me.

Fosters will be ineffective sir, we need something of sterner stuff. May I suggest a volley of Carlton Draught, followed by a full broadside of Bundaberg Rum. That'll teach em.

Whispering Death said:
"Records show that the Dingyuan was recognized as the most advanced battleship of its time, better than any ship in the fleets of Great Britain and Germany."

and it's a cool looking ship. But I don't understand what particular significance this ship has that it was re-made. I mean, I read that wikipedia source and they said it was hurt so bad it had to be scuttled.

Normally we praise ships like the Nimitz carrier that have proven invaluable in wartime and never sunk or the Battleship Texas which was in service for nearly 60 years and, again, never sunk. Praising a ship that was in, what, one battle and got sunk seems odd to me.
Because any moron with a computer can upload stuff onto Wikipedia mate.

bulldogg said:
Because any moron with a computer can upload stuff onto Wikipedia mate.

I personally always found Wikipedia to be rather reliable, and I could quite often back up Wikipedia's information with another source.

However, looking at your flag I think I can understand why you might feel a certain amount of..... distrust towards Wikipedia.

Damien435 said:
However, looking at your flag I think I can understand why you might feel a certain amount of..... distrust towards Wikipedia.

Praytell lad, which flag would that be??

Missileer said:
Allright Tinnie. Lock and load a full broadside of Foster's. Ready, aim, guzzle.:CG:

AussieNick said:
Fosters will be ineffective sir, we need something of sterner stuff. May I suggest a volley of Carlton Draught, followed by a full broadside of Bundaberg Rum. That'll teach em.

Sir, I blieve that will only scratch the paint Sir. A full salvo of Vodka Screwdivers fired from tubes 1 -4 should disable the ship sir.

Back