Reputation points and power

Well that might have been an oversight, But I vaguely (correct me if I'm wrong) remember REDLEG saying he was going introduce a new reputation system to replace the old one. The old one was disabled due to people abusing the system.

Petty small minded persons were using the old system as "payback" for people with whom they did not agree on some matter or another.

Well that might have been an oversight, But I vaguely (correct me if I'm wrong) remember REDLEG saying he was going introduce a new reputation system to replace the old one. The old one was disabled due to people abusing the system.
That's correct, but I'm still waiting with the new system until I've upgraded to the latest vBulletin version.

AHOY, I don’t know what happen to my post the other day however it went something like this.
Great thread AB shorts mamma, I spent lots of time just last night trying to figure out the rep. etc. system.
Seems to me any new system should be based on one member one vote one time. This on each post. If you want to have a system to rate members judgment then give one point to each member who approves of a post fallowed by 12 other members approval (i.e. standard jury). You would do the same for bad calls and subtract the difference.
You should also have each member classify themselves as say Democrats republicans or independence and only votes cased by ones peers wound count for or against ones judgment. If members start forming teams to get out the vote IMO that kind of activity would show patterns with out the Forum staff having to actually read PMs etc. and those groups could be shammed in public etc.
Question; Are the members that were banned under the last system still banned?
G-day!

That's correct, but I'm still waiting with the new system until I've upgraded to the latest vBulletin version.

Hi Redleg! :p

Just curious about the reputation points and power items now that we have the new system up. Will you have to wait a couple of months to ensure the stability of the new system first, or are you going to start with it soon?

It's coming it's coming.. :smil:
But it's not on top on my "to do" list so there are a few other things I'll add in here before that one..

Back