Reputation Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I feel a post needs challenging I will respond on the forum openly and tell them so. Otherwise, what is the point of a forum? All the rest, counting posts and points etc., is of no interest to me. Only good exchange of views.

Last edited:
Seems an odd thing to give a negative rep point for given that all of the items you mentioned can be easily found at reputable sites on the net

Seems an odd thing to give a negative rep point for given that all of the items you mentioned can be easily found at reputable sites on the net

-3 Rep Points.

+3 for a Positive Report and -3 for a Negative Report as far as my Profile goes, as for other Members and the one Positive is worth two Negatives, that I cannot say.

All I can say is anyone Neg Reps points me, I will hunt you down and bite you on the ankle :mad:

Grrrrrrrrrrrr be warned. :bang:

I just got another bad Report for this Post.....

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/355175-post.html

with a little note that reads.....

"time to throw up the BS flag"

Don't worry Gator, it just shows that the person concerned is severely lacking in character and has a very tenuous grip on reality when things do not suit his views. He has great difficulty dealing with the truth if it goes against his desires and like a child lashes out out at the nearest thing that annoys him. Because he is now unable to sustain his argument he sees this as a way of "punishing" you for pointing out the truth. You can take it as proof that your post was recognised as correct and finally "got home" to this emotionally childish individual.

Now, what was that which someone said about not knowing who gives out the negative points?

I just can't stand people who don't have the maturity to consider opposing views and if it turns out to be more valid than his/her own view start going crazy.
Gator, don't take the rep stuff too seriously. If the adding up of negative reps start becoming a problem I guess the rest of us can pitch in to give you some positives or we can have Redleg get rid of your negative reps.

Gator, don't take the rep stuff too seriously. If the adding up of negative reps start becoming a problem I guess the rest of us can pitch in to give you some positives or we can have Redleg get rid of your negative reps.

Thanks for the thought, but I would rather everyone save their good Rep Reports for someone else.
I believe it would be a waste as for every Green one I would get I would also get 2 Red (or more than 2).

If you only get your negative points as a result of telling the truth, you can feel proud of them.

I really just think the process is flawed, sure the points mean nothing and have no consequence but its still annoying.

The whole process reminds me of those annoying people that have to jump into camera shots at sports events (making faces and shouting etc.), they aren't doing anyone any harm and in the scheme of things it means very little but it still doesn't remove the desire to drop kick them across a room.

on a board like this where contentious issues and disparate politics and ideologies are being discussed....i think we are better off without the rep system

The whole process reminds me of those annoying people that have to jump into camera shots at sports events (making faces and shouting etc.), they aren't doing anyone any harm and in the scheme of things it means very little but it still doesn't remove the desire to drop kick them across a room.

You too, eh? Yes, they annoy me immensely but I had always put it down to me being a silly old git.:wink:

I wonder what you all should have talked about if we hadn't enabled the reputation system again.. :lol:

And just for the record: A negative rep only withdraws half of the points you get from a positive one.. :smil:

I wonder what you all should have talked about if we hadn't enabled the reputation system again.. :lol:

We just didn't realise what we were missing Red. It's kept us all busily entertained, and also given many of us an insight into our fellow members that we may otherwise have never seen.

e.g. I had no idea that Gator was such an old softie, and a really quite cute and cuddly character.
rotfl1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back