Republicans issue more tax cuts

--
Boots

May 11th, 2006  
Duty Honor Country

Topic: Republicans issue more tax cuts

Well, the republicans have spearheaded yet another tax cut when the budget is near $500 billion in the red. I have more right to call out the republicans on this one because I am an investor. The $70 billion tax cuts extends the long term capital gains tax rate of 15% and keeps more middle class citizens from paying the Alternative Minimum Tax.

I have completely had it with the fanticy world that the republicans and our government is living in. Isn't it convenient that the federal budget does not include the costs of Iraq? With the cost of Iraq, the budget deficit is flirting with $0.5 trillion. With such a deficit, the republicans are continuing to persue tax cuts. Have our government officials taken budget lessons from Visa, Mater Card or Capitol One?

I have had it. This election I just might vote democrat. At least they were able to balance a budget.
May 11th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

And the rich get richer...
May 11th, 2006  
phoenix80

I am all for tax cuts

--
Boots
May 11th, 2006  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
I am all for tax cuts

my point is I am pretty sure I benefit more than you from them and I am against them. For the 2004 tax year, i paid Uncle Sam over $3,000. Last year I would have owed money if it were not for an educational expense write off.

You have to be living in a fanticy world to pass tax cats with a $400 and something billion budget deficit. The ONLY solution is to raise taxes and cut spending. The republicans control the house, senate and the white house and they have spent more and cut taxes...

...insanity...total insanity
May 11th, 2006  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
my point is I am pretty sure I benefit more than you from them and I am against them. For the 2004 tax year, i paid Uncle Sam over $3,000. Last year I would have owed money if it were not for an educational expense write off.

You have to be living in a fanticy world to pass tax cats with a $400 and something billion budget deficit. The ONLY solution is to raise taxes and cut spending. The republicans control the house, senate and the white house and they have spent more and cut taxes...

...insanity...total insanity
May be they can afford it!
May 11th, 2006  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
May be they can afford it!
yeah, and our national debt will pass $10 trillion before President Bush is out of power. As long as we have something called a treasury note will the republicans spend more and more. I believe Adam Smith said in the Wealth of Nations that any government will not save money as long as it knows it can borrow money.
May 11th, 2006  
Missileer

An expensive war, which looks like it could last for most of our lifetimes, and tax cuts are just too much of an outlay at the same time. I'm for tax cuts and a balanced budget. Tax cuts put more cash where it's needed and gives more incentive to companies to expand, especially small companies, which means more taxpayers which adds to a bigger tax base to run Government.
May 11th, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Tax cuts put more cash where it's needed and gives more incentive to companies to expand, especially small companies, which means more taxpayers which adds to a bigger tax base to run Government.
But then you'd have to hope that the next administration will not promise tax cuts too. Otherwise you will rule out the use of a bigger tax base and become even more indebted. On the long run this will make any economy vulnerable!
May 11th, 2006  
Italian Guy

I wish we had that kind of problem, taxwise
May 11th, 2006  
Rabs

Not to mention Bushs tax plan is working. April had the 2nd highest tax reveune in history.