Are you Republican, Independant or Democrat?

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
Are you Republican, Independant or Democrat?
Please explain why if you can.

Republican here. Mainly because President George Bush is awesome.

Republican, on foreigh policy and moral law. I lean to the left a little bit on economics.

Rabs.

Rabs said:
Republican, on foreigh policy and moral law. I lean to the left a little bit on economics.

I understand that, I agree a combination of the strategies seems to work better then one way or the other it seems economically.
Thank you for replying kind Sir.

My politics are the same as i play football, i hang around the middle and don`t do much ;)

The question seems to be addressed to American members, but -hey since it wasn't specified - if I were American I would go Bush.
I don't agree with the liberals either at home or abroad, unless they're called Blair.

Bush is a "Compasionate Conservative," aka a liberal with a texas accent.

2004_ronald_regan.jpg

*returns salute* We need another one just like him

As comedian Lewis Black says:

The only thing worse than a Democrat or a Republican is when these two pricks work together. The Republican party is a party of bad ideas. the democrat party is a party of no ideas. So a session of congress goes as follows. A republican gets up and says, "I got a really bad idea!" Then a democrat gets up and says, "And I can make it shittier."

Ive registered independent but most of my views lean more towards the right.

I tend to be historically most in line with moderate republicans, my two favorite presidents are 1)Teddy Roosevelt 2)Ronald Regan

On the ideological side I'm pretty libertarian because basically I think the government should only do a few things and concentrate on those, everything else get your god damned nose out of.

chewie_nz said:
Italian Guy said:
The question seems to be addressed to American members, but -hey since it wasn't specified.

:? same old same old.

i vote labour

Weird I vote both, sometimes.

Generally I support the local labour candidate but I am more inclined to vote nation as a government.

really? brash? are you SURE????

lol

i try to approach every election with an open mind and *so far* i am settleing on a vote for my local Labour MP, and party vote greens.

labours offer on wiping interest on student loans for NZ residents is VERY tempting for me (if it can be retroactive that is)

act/NZfirst/national = SHUDDER!

chewie_nz said:
really? brash? are you SURE????

lol

i try to approach every election with an open mind and *so far* i am settleing on a vote for my local Labour MP, and party vote greens.

act/NZfirst/national = SHUDDER!

This year I will probably just skip the party vote all together as I do have trouble supporting Brash however I support the local labour guy because he is worth voting for not because of his affiliations.
You will however see satan in thermals and shivering before I vote for the Greens.

pete hodgson for me (bit more of a line call i think!)

almost *almost* could be tempted to vote for Katherine rich, but could i bring myself to tick blue?

as a side note, my parents have always cancelled each others vote out!~

1 for labour
1 for national

***edit*** maybe this thread could be opened up to include everyone?

can i suggest "are you Left, Centre, or Right in your politics?"

Christ Church

I was in Christ Church a couple years ago. Saw your version of Frank Sinatra in concert while I was there. very good show.

chewie_nz said:
***edit*** maybe this thread could be opened up to include everyone?

can i suggest "are you Left, Centre, or Right in your politics?"

Or you could start your own thread the way you want it rather than hijacking existing threads.

Back