Are you Republican, Independant or Democrat?

I registered Republican because of the better and flexible on the gun controls.

Good job, our 2nd Amendment rights are at stake under a Democrat as well. I like my guns and don't want to give them up while the hoodlums have them because they don't have to be law abiding.

I've got nothing against the second amendment... ;)
1_the_right_to_bear_arms.jpg

Worse than Carter? the man who singlehandedly got Hamas to sign a treaty with Israel?

Iran and other terrorist organizations are notorious just like the Nazi's, North Koreans and others for making treaties and not following them. Believe what you want to but be careful to not allow yourself to be killed for believing the wrong stuff. Here's a little something I threw together in my Google Docs about a month ago for a Speech I gave.

Today I'm going to persuade you to vote Republican because we need a strong military, our taxes need to stay low and get even lower if and when possible in the future, and National Security. Under Republican leadership, you would be able to keep more of your own money, our military and law enforcement will be well trained and equipped which helps them keep you and your stuff safe, and our country prospers in the world. Of course, our allies know that with a Republican President here at home, they are backed up by NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) 100%. President Bush went to war against the terrorists as soon as they attacked us here in the states. Under Clinton, Al Qaeda attacked the World Trade Center and Clinton did nothing. Under Clinton, Al Qaeda bombed the USS Cole, Clinton did nothing. Under Clinton, personnel had Osama in the crosshairs and the Clinton administration denied the kill. Under Clinton, two Embassies were bombed in Africa by Al Qaeda and again Clinton did nothing. Who do you think will protect you from terrorists and terrorism?
Do you wanna keep your money that you own or would you rather give it to the government? If you wanna keep your money, vote Republican. If you still wanna give your money to the Govt, the IRS takes both checks and money orders.

Military:
In the Clinton years from 1992 to 2000, the military saw a drastic reduction in power, effectiveness and numbers. The only thing Clinton did with the military was implement the don't ask don't tell policy, and in order to remain politically correct, I'll let you decide on whether or not that was a wise decision. Under President Bush, the re-enlistment rate amongst military personnel has been record breaking for it. Our military is confident in their current commander in chief, they love working and sacrificing for him. With Sen. McCain as President, this will continue.

Taxes: For those of you who work for a living here, who likes to take the money they earned home and do with it as they choose? If you like your money, then you must vote Republican because the Democrats want to take more than 50% of what you make in order to pay for their crazy programs of giving your money away to people or spending it on things that have absolutely nothing to do with you personally. For example, the Democrats pay for (with your tax dollars), illegal immigrants medical and dental. Free of charge to them, since you, the Americans are paying for it.
However, these same benefits, are not provided for our Military Veterans.
Who pays Federal income tax?
Top 1% pay 38.8% of all taxes.
Top 20% pay 86.3% of all taxes.
Top 40% pay 99.4% of all taxes.
Bottom 60% pay .06% of all taxes which is always reimbursed at the end of the year to these people. However, if you don't vote Republican, those of you who used to get money back at the end of the year, those days are long gone.

National Security.
Illegal Immigration.
About 25 Americans are killed by illegal immigrants every day. About 9,000 Americans are killed by illegals every year and well over 36,000 Americans have been killed over the past four years. That's more than 10 times the number of Americans killed in Iraq over the past fours years.
The American prison population is made up of about 30% illegal immigrants and the majority of them are in prison for violent crimes. The Republicans want to fix the illegal immigration problem.

Combating Terrorism. The fact is we have not been attacked since 11 Sept 2001. This is not because they have not wanted to attack us. They do. Iran, Syria, Al Qaeda, Hamas and others are planning on ways to attack Americans and our allies daily both here and abroad. The Republicans want to stay on the offensive against them which mean being pro-active, instead of waiting to be attacked and being re-active like the Democrats prefer.

Combating Terrorism. The fact is we have not been attacked since 11 Sept 2001. This is not because they have not wanted to attack us. They do. Iran, Syria, Al Qaeda, Hamas and others are planning on ways to attack Americans and our allies daily both here and abroad. The Republicans want to stay on the offensive against them which mean being pro-active, instead of waiting to be attacked and being re-active like the Democrats prefer.
Yet the attack that happened happened under the Bush Administration, and you can't blame that on Clinton. Bush got warnings in August that the attack would come, and did it? :read:

Sure you can blame it on Clinton and his fellow :cens:
#1. Clinton had an opportunity to kill Bin Laden and he and his staff refused to authorize the action.

#2. :cens: prefer that you have your rights intact rather than allowing the very effective Bush administration to do their jobs and listen in on calls that are suspected terrorist connected. Let's remember that the fact is if Liberties are more important than Securities, the Liberties will be used against us by folks who don't deserve them. If we had nothing to hide, if we're doing nothing wrong, we should not mind the Government listening to us, making sure we are not doing anything illegal, or more importantly, anything against National Security.

#3. 10 out of 10 Terrorists highly recommend voting Democrat!

Mod Warning: These types of names are flaming. We want to avoid flame wars in political discussions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Republican. For various reasons. McCain may not be the best president, but he'll take care of my military better than Osama or Hitlery will.

But that's just my humble opinion. :)

I dunno about in US politics, but in Australia Independant politicians are the only ones who cannot hide behind party policy, and must do as their constituents desire, as that is all that keeps them in a job.

Most "party faithful" are too lazy to work out that they are being hoodwinked. Have you ever heard an Independant politician say, "I'd love to help you but it runs against our party policy"? Never happen...

Over here, Senator McCain is exactly what your saying. He regularly goes with what he feels is right which is often, or at least sometimes, against his party's wishes. No Presidential candidate that ran over the past year or two can honestly show this type of factual record like Senator McCain has in his past political history.

I'm a conservative (The more I learn about the true Neo-Cons the more I think I am one) but registered independent. I don't like Party politics, it forces politicians to act in the party's favor rather than their constituents. Plus I strongly believe that no party is right all the time and don't want to commit myself to a cause I know to be false in some instances. That being said, I do agree with the GOP more often than the DCCC.

Over here, Senator McCain is exactly what your saying. He regularly goes with what he feels is right which is often, or at least sometimes, against his party's wishes. No Presidential candidate that ran over the past year or two can honestly show this type of factual record like Senator McCain has in his past political history.

I agree, its one of the reasons I have always believed he would have been a better choice eight years ago than Bush, the problem I have with him currently though is that he is getting a little past it.

If I was voting in this one it would be a toss up between McCain and Obama, basically its like the 3 bears. One is too old, one is too young and unfortunately the one remaining is far from "just right".

I'm not talking about individuals, as I know very little about US politics. My comments were an answer to the question posed by the thread title.

To be quite candid I feel that British comedian Billy Connolly summed it up pretty well when he said, "The fact that a person shows the slightest interest in "politics" should be enough to prevent him from ever being allowed to be involved"

My own quote is, "Politics is the one major obstacle, preventing good government".

What about the Keating 5 incident in the 1980s. McCain certainly didn't smell rosey after that, he *just* narrowly escaped Jail and got a congressional reprimand instead. His GOP partners went to jail.

As for a factual record

1. He still thinks Iraq was the right course of action even though the facts were all based on lies. As a matter of fact not a single thing about this war has been truthful from the start and hes has offered to explanation for this. Its like the Captain of the Titanic just before the ship sinks saying he doesn't believe in Icebergs.

2. There is his stance on the Bush Tax Cuts, being opposed to them at first and now wanting to make them permenant. Exactly the type of flip flip that got John Kerry in trouble. And of course those taxcuts were so helpful, our economy is in great shape correct? Also on economy McCain offers the same Economic plan as Bush which means no help during the subprime mess. This is exactly what happened with Herbert Hoover and the Great Depression was the result.

3. He refuses to talk to our enemies, a totally moronic position as until Bush America has always talked to her enemies. How does McCain think we survived the Cold War, by stare contests with the USSR?

I can go on, but I'll stop for now. In America's 3 troublesome areas, Foreign policy, the wars, and the Economy McCain has reiterated the Bush Administration. Thats not change thats a return to the past, a past that has failed miserably.

Since what I would like to say is not really OK to be said as a proper response for this, I will refrain from being honest and telling it like it is in order to not get warnings. So, have fun with the Left lies.

Back