Republican or Democrat?

What Are You?

• Total voters

OutcastHuman

Now Im making this to see where everyone fits on the government spectrum so please answer it and don't get into to big of a fight over crap and stay on topic. BE TRUST WORTHY DONT LIE ABOUT IT! Thank you.

My old leatherneck dad knew his sons were destined for military service and so instilled in us his beliefs on politics and the military. He felt it was dangerous for military personel to ally themselves too closely with any particular party. He voted for Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and anybody else he felt was the best candidate for the job. I do the same. So I am an independant in the truest sense of the word.

Independent.
Currently against the current South Korean party in power because they're bending over to the North Koreans.

I voted Republican. I thought that if people are Independents they don't vote? (That is what I've heard anyhow).

I'd rather have someone be Independent and not vote than vote liberal though! :D Hehehe.

SerenityIsConservative :dive:

We don't have most of those parties in Canada, so I'll have to say that I'm a Conservative.

"I thought that if people are Independents they don't vote?"

Who the heck told you THAT? Sounds like party bigotry to me. As I said in my original post in this thread, I vote either for a Republican or a Democrat if they are who I believe to be the best person for the job. Heh, I'd even vote for a Progressive if I thought they were the best candidate. So far, that hasn't happened yet. I've voted in every election to come my way since I turned 21. The voting age wasn't lowered to 18 until 1971. My state, Vermont, has two Independants in Congress. Our lone Congressman and one of our two Senators. They both vote quite frequently and often quite differently. I tend to be more of the Jim Jeffords variety than the Bernie Sanders kind.

Charge_7 said:
"I thought that if people are Independents they don't vote?"

Who the heck told you THAT?

My history professor...um, just Wednesday too. He said if one cannot assocaite with one party or another chances are it is an excuse not to vote, and they do not have the ability to make such a decision. His words, not mine.

Serenity :dive:

Hey be nice I made this thread so Im in control aside from the mods who monitor it. So be nice or I will tell the mods. Wow I feel like an 8 year old now.

I wasn't criticizing Serenity, rather I was bemoaning the unfortunate lesson she was given. Read more closely before _you_ criticize.

OutcastHuman said:
Hey be nice I made this thread so Im in control aside from the mods who monitor it. So be nice or I will tell the mods. Wow I feel like an 8 year old now.

It's okay babe, I know how he meant it. :)

Serenity :dive: You are sweet though, thanks.

Im republican, Bush is okay, but that would be cool if Dave Chapelle's "Black Bush" was in the White House. Hes heelarious. :cowb:

Back