Republic Of China Tests New Patriots - Page 3




 
--
 
August 10th, 2006  
fingolfin361
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRALdragon
Because here in the US we value the time and effort of our workers? As for the price, you pay for what you get.
Yea, like i said, Capitalism, Demand and Supply.
August 10th, 2006  
filmmaker
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingolfin361
Yea, like i said, Capitalism, Demand and Supply.
but,it is not really precise to describe the taiwan's issue. the demind without any options will bring the supply with high price,
August 11th, 2006  
WarMachine
 
 
I hate to say it, but taiwan is militarily screwed in the future. China is going to get better and better weapons and taiwan can't keep buying expensive US goods. I bet you most american politicians just wished that taiwan would reunite with the mainland instead of having them as a thorn in their side with the prc.

Seriously though, taiwan is the size of a small US state, there's nothing realistically it can do for a long period of time against a large chinese attack.
--
August 11th, 2006  
Rabs
 
 
Quote:
Seriously though, taiwan is the size of a small US state, there's nothing realistically it can do for a long period of time against a large chinese attack.
Make it costly enough its not worth it.
August 11th, 2006  
filmmaker
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
I hate to say it, but taiwan is militarily screwed in the future. China is going to get better and better weapons and taiwan can't keep buying expensive US goods.
solution is simple. cut the price and give them a discount.
August 11th, 2006  
b2ee
 
 
One of my granduncles lives in Taiwan with his big family. I ever asked his son about the TaiWan's indepenpence. He said that many Taiwan's normal people do not have much thoughts about it. He hopes their living is not changed so much no matter what happens.

From the military view, the dominace of Mainland will be more and more obvious no matter how many weapons TaiWan buy from the U.S.
August 12th, 2006  
WarMachine
 
 
That's what i've been saying, you guys have to face reality, taiwan cannot fight very long at all against china and the maximum amount of destruction taiwan can cause to china isn't even that great. If it did come down to a fight, which i don't think is going to happen, taiwan would probably always lose regardless of weapons and tactics. They would jsut be overwhelmed.

here's another comparison to a prc vs taiwan fight, soviet union versus hungary. Would you even consider hungary winning even if it had the latest western weapons at the time? Even if it were an island?
August 12th, 2006  
Rabs
 
 
Quote:
That's what i've been saying, you guys have to face reality, taiwan cannot fight very long at all against china and the maximum amount of destruction taiwan can cause to china isn't even that great. If it did come down to a fight, which i don't think is going to happen, taiwan would probably always lose regardless of weapons and tactics. They would jsut be overwhelmed.

here's another comparison to a prc vs taiwan fight, soviet union versus hungary. Would you even consider hungary winning even if it had the latest western weapons at the time? Even if it were an island?

No crap. The goal is not to stop the chinese its to delay them long enough for help to arrive (US and the Japs and maybe the aussies). I dont really think we have to worry about it though. China isnt going to mess with Taiwan and Taiwan isnt going to provoke China there just fine with the status quo.
August 12th, 2006  
WarMachine
 
 
The japanese would never be allowed to help the taiwanese. The ROC in Taiwan was founded by military men who spent decades fighting the japanese, even now their relations with japan are poor because of the shrine and textbook controversies. Not to mention that the SDF as it is now wouldn't be allowed to intervere in a neighbor's fight.

In the coming years i think the US would see losing taiwan as not a big problem except that so much of our advanced military equipment has been sold to them that it raises complexities. I really doubt that America would fight for taiwan at this point since that would pit us against one of our biggest trading partners and that would lead to all sorts of global economic crises that no one wants.

The PRC does want Taiwan back all the time, and taiwan doesn't want to unite with the mainland. This will probably end in diplomacy since it would be the surest way to keep the dealings between PRC and ROC favorable to both sides. China is growing year by year and i taiwan has become a diplomatic pariah to the world. It seems that they will eventually lose their sovereignity, but hopefully with their economy intact and maybe even a democratic institution left with it depending on the situation.
August 13th, 2006  
filmmaker
 
 
since USA is chinese biggest trading partners and japs is chinese second biggest trading partners , and I think taiwan is chinese fourth or fifth trading partners, it is really hard to imagine that china start to mess with all of his benefactors at same time.
 


Similar Topics
How Close to Allies Were We? China and the USA.
China plans to invade US!
japanese writer suggests few ways to defend aginist china
Chinese Military Doctrine
Will China unite with Taiwan peacefully?