Report: Lance to return for '09 Tour de France

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Lance Armstrong will end his retirement and hopes to compete in the 2009 Tour de France, according to a cycling journal report.
The 36-year-old seven-time Tour de France champion will compete in five road races with the Astana team in 2009, the cycling journal VeloNews reported on its Web site Monday, citing anonymous sources.
Armstrong's manager Mark Higgins did not immediately respond to a voice mail left by The Associated Press.
The move would reunite Armstrong with Johan Bruyneel, now the team director for Astana.
VeloNews reported Armstrong also will compete in the Amgen Tour of California, Paris-Nice, the Tour de Georgia and the Dauphine-Libere.
The Astana team, however, was not allowed to compete in this year's Tour after Alexandre Vinokourov was kicked out of the 2007 Tour for testing positive and the team quit the race. VeloNews, which said Vanity Fair will publish an extensive article detailing Armstrong's comeback, said the cyclist will race for no salary or bonuses and post his internally tested blood work online.

Respects. The guy is pure determination and discipline and a cancer survivor too. I wouldn't be surprised if he won his 8th Tour de France. :brave:

lance-armstrong.jpg

The man has got ball. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

On a serious note... Go Lance! I'm rootin for ya all the way. I hope he wins 7 more.

I dunno, hes been out of action for 3 years and he's my age 36. Still, hes the greatest Tour champion since Greg Lemond if not ever.

Last edited:
Back