Rep Power?

For once I agree with what SwordFish has to say on the previous page regarding anonymous rep points is there any way to set it up so people have to make a comment and leave their name before giving or taking points, ie no comment and no username no points. Make them Man(or Woman) up and take responsibility for their actions. Because its bloody annoying when you see rep points removed and you have no idea why.

As for the possibility of Rep wars that will happen at first, definitely because its a new toy to most and they will want to see how far they can push it. The more adult members will just get on with it and take on board the negative comments they get, trust me you get used to criticism after a while lol.

It's possible to make it visible who left rep. for you, but I'm afraid that may cause more "conflicts" than anonymous rep points.. :-(
But I'll try to disallow blank rep. comments.

Cheers Red, I have no problem with people giving me negative rep, but its nice to know why and what for so the mistake isnt repeated. You know what I mean lol

Redleg said:
It's possible to make it visible who left rep. for you, but I'm afraid that may cause more "conflicts" than anonymous rep points.. :-(
But I'll try to disallow blank rep. comments.
Alright Redleg!!:bravo: :bravo:

I'm back

Wow, gone for a month and look what you've done to the place! i did like the old format of the forum better, but this is what most seem to be using these days. Good Job

BTW, it won't let me do a rep point hit on anyone that I've done anytime recently. Says I need to spread more love around. So ... how does that work exactly? Do I have to do feedback on ... oh, 10 people before doing another on the same person?

bulldogg said:
20 people before you can give it to someone again and you can only do 10 people a day.
Right. The problem with this that it tends to often be exactly the same people who say or do something that impresses you. I can spread the love certainly, but do I have to go hunting for 19 other members who have done or said something reasonably impressive just so that I can add another rep point to the first person? If this is the case, then its not a terribly accurate measure of Reputation. Anyways, that's my two cents.

I can perhaps see limitting negative feedback so people don't blitz the living crud outa someone. I think that would be valid. But I think that possitive feedback should have few limits if any.

Back