Rep Power?

Navy Boy said:
But I thought that you get 2 green boxs and more of them depending on how you do your posting on here?:?

1 green box pr. 100 reputation points..

I still haven't found where I can see cases where others have added to my reputation. Where are we supposed to be looking for individual commentaries or whatever?

godofthunder9010 said:
I still haven't found where I can see cases where others have added to my reputation. Where are we supposed to be looking for individual commentaries or whatever?

Click the "User CP" link at the top of this page.
It should be on the first page there under " Latest Reputation Received"

godofthunder9010 said:
Not seeing it, but just for argument sake hit me for a Rep point or something, maybe I haven't had one or something.

You've got 4+ rep points, so you should see something in your profile (User CP)...

Ah, its all the way to the bottom. 14 rep points. So that means that I've been given 14 positve reviews then? Is there any way to see the commentaries (annonymously I would guess) offerend by those rep reviews?

godofthunder9010 said:
Ah, its all the way to the bottom. 14 rep points. So that means that I've been given 14 positve reviews then?

You should see the comments there as well:
Thread Date Posted By Comment
Can you post a screenshot of your User CP page?

All members starts with 10 reputation points, so you've been give 4+ by others now.
It depends on the reputation power of the othr mmeber how much you get.
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/faq.php?faq=forum_rules_features#faq_reputation

Hi,

Uhm Can we reduce that 100 Mark a bit Or Increase the User Rep Punch ...... Because everyone is hitting at around 1 or 2 and it's gonna take ages for that New Little Green Box to appear :(

Peace

If someone gives u rep points or take away rep points and also comments u, u should be able to see the members username.

SwordFish_13 said:
Hi,

Uhm Can we reduce that 100 Mark a bit Or Increase the User Rep Punch ...... Because everyone is hitting at around 1 or 2 and it's gonna take ages for that New Little Green Box to appear :(

Peace

That should be possible.
But I'm also planning to replace the green boxes with something a bit more cool later as well.. :)

SwordFish_13 said:
Hi,

Yup and certain Forums Also Allow Users to Close the threads or Ban other Members with Reputation ............ say for example a Certain user Gets Say 1500 negative Rep Points he is Auto Banned .......... same for threads ....... It's a nice feature but it takes time to mature .............. My Personal experience is It's a excellent feature but is very open to abuse and creates more flames wars than anything else ............ because everybody has a openion and people will disagree with them and hence Reps Come into PIcture and start of the winning and Flaming :pirate2:

If seems very good redleg but it's not that easy to control ...... and you will know very soon ............ it takes a very long time to Evolve into a Self Moderating Community .......... Before that it's all :)crybaby:) and :)box:) and Repuations alliances etc etc ................. ;)

My Advice Set Guidlines About Giving reps ...........e.g NO Neg or Pos Reps for other people Openions ........... NO reputations in certail forums like Political Discussions and i think you know why .

Just my two cents :m1:

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Long time no see! :thumb:

I've had a strange epiphany about this rep power system... anyone seen the episode of the Simpson's where they go to the psychiatrist's and he hooks them up to the electroshock machine. They sit there and began to zap each other. Its supposed to be to show them how their words can hurt each other but they end up just taking the piss and zapping each other out of spite. Anyone see where I am going with this? Perhaps Swordfish was right with his words of caution.

godofthunder9010 said:
Ah, its all the way to the bottom. 14 rep points. So that means that I've been given 14 positve reviews then? Is there any way to see the commentaries (annonymously I would guess) offerend by those rep reviews?
Ah I see it now thanks for your help dude!:thumb:

Redleg

Don't you think that Rep points/power can be abused in Personal ways.

I got a very funny negative point from an unknown dude telling me if that is all I could add to his topic.

1- I doubt any body can tell us what to post or what not to post as long as it is within the rules of the forum

2- No one can post materials to please other members

3- I am afraid this rep power might be manipulated by some members who are a bit selfish and would like to have their own little dictatorship wherever they go

Hi,

phoenix80 said:
Redleg

Don't you think that Rep points/power can be abused in Personal ways.

I got a very funny negative point from an unknown dude telling me if that is all I could add to his topic.

1- I doubt any body can tell us what to post or what not to post as long as it is within the rules of the forum

2- No one can post materials to please other members

3- I am afraid this rep power might be manipulated by some members who are a bit selfish and would like to have their own little dictatorship wherever they go

Told ya , Reputation is Evil ........... :pirate2:

Anonymous Reputation has this problem .......... Sometimes you are Completely Lost what the Rep is all about ........ Solution is to Display the Username of the Person who gave the reputation but then it would lead to another set of Bigger Problems .......... Reputation wars , you neg me i neg you :firedevi: ;) .

Best way to handle repuation is to Ignore it ....... Well it's just a Green Spot ...... I have been through it quite a few times,.... after you have 11 Green Boxes you just wonder why did you cared so much about it ;) ..

Ps : Half the Web Forums that have this Kind of System .... half of their threads are about Reputations ( Bitching and Crying and all that ) :lol:

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
Awwwwwww ..... :D

reputationpos8iy.gif
reputationpos8iy.gif
reputationpos8iy.gif
reputationpos8iy.gif
reputationpos8iy.gif
reputationpos8iy.gif
reputationpos8iy.gif
reputationpos8iy.gif