Rep Power?

Redleg I have to say this reputation gizmo is a stroke of genius allowing the forum members to shape the direction of the forum within the guidelines and rules set forth. Brilliant move.

-> MightyMacbeth
Yes it works, but if you read my post above then you'll see that you need a minimum if 10 posts (ok), and 10 reputations points (not ok) in order to use the reputation system...
You don't have 10 points....

-> Bulldogg
I like the reputation system very much myself, and several other forums are using it with great success.
More interactivity is good.. :)
(and it may also help a bit with the moderation of the forum when members can give eachother feedback)

Hi,
-> Bulldogg
I like the reputation system very much myself, and several other forums are using it with great success.
More interactivity is good.. :)
(and it may also help a bit with the moderation of the forum when members can give eachother feedback)

Yup and certain Forums Also Allow Users to Close the threads or Ban other Members with Reputation ............ say for example a Certain user Gets Say 1500 negative Rep Points he is Auto Banned .......... same for threads ....... It's a nice feature but it takes time to mature .............. My Personal experience is It's a excellent feature but is very open to abuse and creates more flames wars than anything else ............ because everybody has a openion and people will disagree with them and hence Reps Come into PIcture and start of the winning and Flaming :pirate2:

If seems very good redleg but it's not that easy to control ...... and you will know very soon ............ it takes a very long time to Evolve into a Self Moderating Community .......... Before that it's all :)crybaby:) and :)box:) and Repuations alliances etc etc ................. ;)

My Advice Set Guidlines About Giving reps ...........e.g NO Neg or Pos Reps for other people Openions ........... NO reputations in certail forums like Political Discussions and i think you know why .

Just my two cents :m1:

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
It's different

The Reputation System is different than anything I've seen before in a forum.

I concur it could be misused even if you can not smack the same person but once for every 20 other people you grade.

I also think that it should be inactive for certain topic areas such as Political Discussions - differences of opinion in this area can be pretty hot at times.

Will reserve judgement for awhile till I see how it shakes out.

-> SwordFish
I know about the downsides of the rep system, that's why I'll test it for a while now, while I'll monitor it's use (and/or abuse) closely.. :santam16:

hey redleg...i know this other forum that uses something kind of like rep points but instead its "karma" and you can "smite"or "exalt" people for posts...if this rep thing fails we could try that :)

I think that most will use the rep power responsibly but then I am an optimist. I think its greatest potential lies in being able to "shame" certain users who aren't blatently breaking the forum rules but are posting tripe just for the sake of posting but add absolutely nothing to the conversation or the forum community. We have had a rash of that of late and at least for me it really detracts from the forum.

I agree bulldogg, but who pray tell are you talking about??;)
Could it be Migh..........................p'IEAJRCfvutb hojgm
OOPS!

I dont know how to know mines and how to use it all...

oh am lost in dah desert..

and how do u get them and why?

Last edited:
How big does it get??
Depends on how much other people play with it.

Hehehehe, bad bulldogg, bad!
:)

Hi,

As far as i know it's not gonna grow Bigger but they are gonna grow in numbers ;) ..we have to ask redleg on that on how many More Positive Reps Will a new Shiny Little Green Dot appear :read: ?

Last edited:
Right now it's set to the vBulletin default of 1 box pr 100 rep. points.
But I've planned to change it into something much more cooler soon... :m16:

Hi,

MightyMacbeth said:
what about one red box? dam..
Bad bad ............ BAd boy .......... Doncha worry After 100 Negative Rep Points you will have Two Shiny Little Red Boxes :lol:

SwordFish_13 said:
Hi,

As far as i know it's not gonna grow Bigger but they are gonna grow in numbers ;) ..we have to ask redleg on that on how many More Positive Reps Will a new Shiny Little Green Dot appear :read: ?
But I thought that you get 2 green boxs and more of them depending on how you do your posting on here?:?

Back