remington 700

What are you planning to use it for? What caliber are you shooting? The Rem 700 is a good family of rifle, a little over priced if you ask me. They're still pretty accurate rifle though. They'll shoot under 1 MOA@100yrds (1" at 100 yrds). Btw, when you say synthetic, do you mean the 700 ADL Synthetic, or any 700 with a synthetic stock?

Just as a thought, my 700 PSS and my Savage 10FP will shoot the same grouping at 100 yards. The difference between the two is probably around $500 or so. The Savage being a lot cheaper. I love both guns, but if you don't want to spend as much, Savage is an awesome rifle.

well i wanted to use it for humting medium size animals,with .308 Win
and yes i mean only syntetic stock,and il have to look for that savage arms rifle

thanks for posting

Marksman said:
well i wanted to use it for humting medium size animals,with .308 Win
and yes i mean only syntetic stock,and il have to look for that savage arms rifle

thanks for posting
the .308 win is a nice choice. lots of cheap ammo out there if you want to practice (surplus) and tons of stuff on the market. both my rifles are .308 win. with big game hunting the accuracy isn't so much of a problem since either rifle will normally outshoot the owner. the target on a big game animal is pretty big too, 6-8in, so anything that shoots 1MOA or better will easily work.
what i like about my savage is the accu-trigger. i can adjust the trigger pull from 1.5lbs to 6lbs without going to a gun smith. i can't say the same for my rem. but then again, my remington was bought with a 26oz pull anyway. i don't usually use my remington for hunting, but i'm sure i definetly could. i treat it as more of my target/range gun then anything.
my savage is the one i can beat up and not worry about so much (but that doesn't mean i don't love it to death). the savage stock leaves something to be desired, it's pretty cheap, but if you don't plan to be shooting long distance not too many people notice. besides, a mcmillan or choate stock are both options in the LE field of the savage rifles.
when it comes to the remington though, you can't doubt the amount of aftermarket parts there are out there. there are enough aftermarket parts out there to make you question whether you still have a remington when you're done. so if you plan to upgrade, the remington could be a better choice.

Back