Remembering the victims of Nazi and Japanese atrocities - Page 2

--

January 17th, 2010  
Wallabies

Quote:
At last the clouds part to show the true sky. Wow, the anti-semites crawl out of the woodwork and I didn't even bait them. All that hate means nothing because the IAF is the best and Israel will be here till the end of time.
You have your own hate to deal with. You jews could of been leading peaceful lives in Europe but instead you chose some desert **** hole where you have to fight everyday. You've created more problems for everyone than what you are worth.
January 17th, 2010  
goodoldrebel

Again, all this is still the 2000 year history of hate. It doesn't matter, because you know nothing about Israel. What I read here is just incoherent muttering. Like I said before, all your hate means nothing because Israel is a strong country and we aren't taking any gentile garbage anymore. Face the reality.
January 18th, 2010  
Wallabies

Quote:
Face the reality.
Are you even Israeli?
--
January 18th, 2010  
Del Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallabies
Are you even Israeli?

Bit late for that question, ain't it?
January 18th, 2010  
Code Scarlet

Let's remember all the victims of every atrocity of World War II. From the Bataan Death March to Nazi concentration camps to Allied fire bombings on places like Dresden to the Soviet fury unleashed upon the people of Berlin.
January 18th, 2010  
LeEnfield

I notice that the fire bombing of Japan has been left out, now more people died in just one fire bombing raid in Japan than died from both Atomic bombs, yet it never gets mentioned. Every one has a go about Dresden, yet when the Germans fire bombed Stalingrad and killed more people than died at Dresden this is never mentioned. Why is it every one keeps on going back to Dresden and go on about the fire bombing yet forget all the other fire bombings that were done by the Germans
January 18th, 2010  
A Can of Man

Even atrocities have "PR departments."
The Fire Bombings in Japan seems to be rather "understaffed."
Ironic really, if WP is controversial to use because of the nasty nature of burns, why is it that fire bombings aren't mentioned much?
January 18th, 2010  
Wallabies

Quote:
Bit late for that question, ain't it?
In Australia we have people who fled their countries such as Lebanon, Serbia, Croatia, etc who are now proud Australians. Their children however believe they are Lebanese, Serbian, Croatian, etc, even though they were born in Australia and have never been to these countries. They carry on the hatred of the old country here in Australia. Seeing as goodoldrebel flies an American flag, he could be one of these.
January 18th, 2010  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
I notice that the fire bombing of Japan has been left out, now more people died in just one fire bombing raid in Japan than died from both Atomic bombs, yet it never gets mentioned. Every one has a go about Dresden, yet when the Germans fire bombed Stalingrad and killed more people than died at Dresden this is never mentioned. Why is it every one keeps on going back to Dresden and go on about the fire bombing yet forget all the other fire bombings that were done by the Germans
Dresden is picked on because the bombing was completely unnecessary, Berlin, Hamburg, London, Coventry, Stalingrad, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Tokyo etc. were all attacked as part of a plan to reduce the military efficiency of the enemy Dresden was not it was bombed for the sake of bombing it and little else.
January 18th, 2010  
A Can of Man

Wallabies, that phenomenon is very closely related to Expat Nationalism and I have met individuals very much like you describe.
They have problems in the country they reside in and see some kind of fantasy escape in their "home" country. It's that little fantasy world in the corner of their minds that is perfect and cannot do wrong.
The cure for this is very simple: send them to their "home" country for at least half a decade.