remember tom sizemore (saving private Ryan)?

chewie_nz

Banned
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3186069a4560,00.html wrote:
LOS ANGELES: Actor Tom Sizemore has been jailed for violating his probation by failing a drug test after he was caught trying to use a prosthetic ***** to fake the results, a Los Angeles County prosecutor says.

Sizemore, 43, who played a battle-hardened sergeant in the war movie Saving Private Ryan, was placed in custody on Thursday. He was ordered to remain behind bars until a hearing on February 24, unless he posts $US25,000 bond, Deputy District Attorney Sean Carney said on Friday.

Last month, Judge Antonio Baretto had agreed to allow Sizemore to travel to Cambodia to shoot a new film on condition that he pass a drug test every day prior to his departure.

Carney said the actor's failed attempt to fake his drug test results came on the first day of the new requirement.

The actor is required to undergo random drug tests as a condition of probation for his convictions on separate charges of methamphetamine possession and beating his ex-girlfriend, former Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss.

During Thursday's proceedings, prosecutors told Judge Baretto that Sizemore failed three drug tests in three days, the first after he was caught using a fake ***** sewn into his boxer shorts and filled with a clean urine sample kept warm by a heating pack.

Carney said the ruse was revealed when the temperature of the sample proved too cool to have come from Sizemore's body, and he was asked to remove his pants.

According to prosecutors, Sizemore had been caught once before trying to use a similar device, sold over the internet under the brand name the Whizzinator, and had failed drug tests on at least five occasions.

Carney said two drug tests on the days following the fake ***** incident showed Sizemore had methamphetamine in his system.

During the hearing, Sizemore's lawyer told the court that his client was destitute, living in a garage in Whittier, California, and that he was an expectant father, Carney told Reuters.

But Baretto told Sizemore that his drug use was "out of control," adding, "I had hoped and wanted to see a positive performance."

From a follow-up article titled Tom Sizemore told to beat drugs or die

Quote:
Prosecutors said Sizemore, 43, had failed court-imposed drug testing seven times this month alone, despite living in a drug treatment centre.

[/b]

Off-topic posts removed!!

Please use the "report post" button if you have any problems with a thread/post.

Thanks.

Sizemore while I love his work. Has been having legal problems for a couple years now.

03USMC said:
Sizemore while I love his work. Has been having legal problems for a couple years now.

this was the first time i'd heard about them. it's a real pity because the roles i have seen him in (esp black hawk down, saving Pvt Ryan and Heat) were excellent

hey O3, you a policeman right? had any really memorable run in's with folk on a methamphetmine bender? we have a court case happening over her at the moment where a guy lost the plot completely and cut his G/F's hands off with a samurai sword then killed someone with a HOME MADE submachine gun :?

I work in Meth central. 80 to 85% of our violent and property crimes can be traced back to Meth. The level of paranoia reached by a Tweeker is beyond description. I've heard about the case your talking about from a couple of Aussie Coppers on an LE board and it doesn't surprise me.

The worst I've seen is a Mother and Father who inflicted a severe beating to include broken facial bones on their 10 year old daughter, they thought she was a police informant in their meth induced paranoia :cen: :evil: Thankfully they are now guests of the State with no parental rights.

03USMC said:
I work in Meth central. 80 to 85% of our violent and property crimes can be traced back to Meth. The level of paranoia reached by a Tweeker is beyond description. I've heard about the case your talking about from a couple of Aussie Coppers on an LE board and it doesn't surprise me.

The worst I've seen is a Mother and Father who inflicted a severe beating to include broken facial bones on their 10 year old daughter, they thought she was a police informant in their meth induced paranoia :cen: :evil: Thankfully they are now guests of the State with no parental rights.

JESUS. at first i thought the stories about P (media buzzword for Pure Meth) must be just over hyped by the police and/or the media. not any more though.... not anymore

you should see this guy, i think the judge should've walked in...took one look at him and said "guilty".

the guy is MESSED UP

r8antdixon.JPG

Antonie Ronnie Dixon in the dock in the High Court at Auckland yesterday.

By BRIDGET CARTER

A man accused of cutting off the hands of two women with a samurai sword told police he wanted "to go down in a blaze of glory".

Antonie Ronnie Dixon, 34, who is accused of attacking Renee Gunbie and Simonne Butler with the sword at Pipiroa, before shooting a young man dead with a sub-machinegun in January 2003, appeared in the High Court at Auckland yesterday on the first day of a six-week trial.

Crown Solicitor Simon Moore said Dixon had told police before handing himself in that "everyone will be taking notice of me now ... Aramoana will be a walk in the park compared to this ... I'll go down in a blaze of glory".

Dixon has pleaded not guilty to a number of charges, including murder and attempted murder.

Throughout his alleged crime spree, he used the drug pure methamphetamine, commonly known as P.

In his opening address yesterday, Mr Moore took the jury through what he described as "an extraordinary trail of death and destruction" that began at Pipiroa on the Hauraki Plains and ended in the hills of East Tamaki.

It started at Dixon's home, a converted shed at Pipiroa, on the afternoon of January 21, 2003.

Ms Butler arrived and was brutally attacked with the sword, along with Ms Gunbie.

Both women lived with Dixon.

Ms Butler's hand, cut off in the attack, was later reattached by surgeons. But Ms Gunbie's hand, left on the shed table with one finger protruding, could not be reattached.

Mr Moore said Dixon was "ranting and raving" while the women screamed in pain with "cries of mercy" as he slashed them with the sword, which broke because of the force he used.

Dixon had accused Ms Butler of sleeping with a police officer and Ms Gunbie of being a drug dealer-turned-police informant.

He and another man (who has name suppression) called for an ambulance.

Mr Moore then explained how Dixon and the other man drove to Hamilton, where Dixon stole a car.

Dixon drove north at speed by himself, tailgating one motorist and stopping at various petrol stations and threatening people.

In one case he told a cleaner, "You are a good worker doing your job. If you want to live, go now".

Dixon arrived at Highland Park about midnight and shot James Te Aute, 25, in a carpark with a sub-machinegun, Mr Moore said.

The young man had been there with his friends and confronted Dixon about his strange behaviour.

Dixon reacted by firing the bullets into Mr Te Aute's back.

Before the shooting he had rung the police 111 centre and asked to speak to one of two detectives.

He later told a detective that he wanted to die in an armed offenders squad shoot-out and how the case was "another Aramoana".

In 1990, David Gray went on a shooting rampage at the tiny Otago settlement of Aramoana, killing 13 people before being fatally shot by police.

For several hours after the Highland Park shooting, Dixon drove dangerously round Manukau, firing bullets, including some at a police officer, and brandishing the gun, said Mr Moore.

As this was happening, police were in full force in the area and at one stage Dixon returned to the murder scene, where a police officer was interviewing a witness.

The drama ended early on the Wednesday morning when Dixon drove down a road in East Tamaki and started banging on the windows of homes, telling residents he was about to have "a shoot-out" with police.

He allegedly kidnapped a resident at one house, but the person spoke to him calmly and was able to walk away from Dixon, who was no longer aggressive and who broke down in tears.

Mr Moore said a police negotiator spoke to Dixon for some time and he finally came out of the house and lay on the lawn, where he was arrested.

The case continues today.

THE CHARGES

Attempted murder of Renee Joy Gunbie, with the alternative charge of intending to cause her grievous bodily harm.

Attempted murder of Simonne Rachel Butler, with the alternative charge of intending to cause her grievous bodily harm.

Murder of James Te Aute.

Attempted murder of a man who has name suppression, with the alternative charge of discharging a firearm with intent.

Using a firearm against Eugene Gage, a member of the police.

Attempted murder of David Templeton, with the alternative charge of discharging a firearm with intent.

Aggravated burglary.

Kidnapping of Ian Miller

I started in LE when Crack Cocaine was just hitting it's popularity. Then I thought it was the bain of society. It destroyed lives and wrecked homes. But as bad as crack is. It is no where near the problem that Meth is.

Back