Remember The Shoe Bomber? - Page 2

--
Boots

April 11th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
This guy gives a very negative image of muslims all over the world. And it certainly doesn't help those who are trying to adapt to europe as it is.
Yeah but Judge Young gives a very POSITIVE image of judges instead!
April 13th, 2005  
rOk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Yeah but Judge Young gives a very POSITIVE image of judges instead!
That judge is moralising when he actually shouldn't. His duty is to supervise the trial, and declare the verdict...none of that BS about freedom, flag, we went through fire crap...that has no place in there IMHO

...not that I disagree with the sentence but I do believe you can feel a bit of bias from the judge (where there shouldn't be any-he's a judge!!!)
April 13th, 2005  
Charge 7

Oh, I'd say this part answers that:

Quote:
It is for freedom's seek that your lawyers are striving so vigorously on your behalf and have filed appeals, will go on in their, their representation of you before other judges. We care about it. Because we all know that the way we treat you, Mr. Reid, is the measure of our own liberties.
--
Boots
April 13th, 2005  
rOk

I don't get it...I'm only 24

...and tired and all I see in that quote is just a continuation of moralising on a slightly "less grandiose" scale.
April 13th, 2005  
Charge 7

It means that everything was done and is being done to ensure that he was given a fair and unbiased trial despite the judge's moralizing at the end. The worst of people must be given the same rights, the same freedoms in a court of law as the best of us or freedom does not exist at all.
April 14th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Exactly. The kind of "moralizing" that the judge did is perfectly in line with justice. It was the constitution speaking there. You don't mess with William Young dude. 8)
April 14th, 2005  
rOk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Exactly. The kind of "moralizing" that the judge did is perfectly in line with justice. It was the constitution speaking there. You don't mess with William Young dude. 8)
...right.