Remember September 11th 2001

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
l_a334a64158ae5602024baef269ba2c19.jpg

raisingflag1024x768.jpg

I got back from Greece at 6am that day; went to bed, was wakened mid-mornig by the tragedy on televison. Unbelievable. I first thought i was watching a film clip, in very bad taste.

When it became obvious, I guessed who was responsible and my first words were to the effect that militant Islam had just made the biggest mistake they possibly could have imagined.

In Geo Bush's day, I spent time on Governers Island, New York, and made a video on the top floor of the Trade Centre. It was a magical time for me. One day I will face looking at the video again.

There is emotion in your words Del Boy,.......

I was sitting in a 4th grade class room when I saw on CNN the smoke coming out of wound to the first tower. I was only 9, and did not have a good grasp on militant Islam. It's strange, earlier that month we wrote some U.S. Army soldiers in Europe, maybe had something to do with the violence in Kosovo....

The letters were supposed to come back that week, but after the attacks, they came back the next month instead. I don't what clicked in my mind, I had no idea on who or why this was happening, or even asked me what a Terrorists was, I probably respond with the same question.

I watched on TV when plane 2 hit the other tower. Looking back at tower one, ignoring all the frantic screaming by the News staff, I thought the inevitable about the tower, and it happened....

I was sitting in Astronomy lab class in college... Washington DC. The Chinese professor's assistant comes in and says "Is anyone here from New York?" A few hands go up. "Because a plane just ran into the World Trade Center. Class is cancelled."
At that point I thought some kind of Cessna lost control and smashed into the WTC. I went outside and saw crowds of people gathered around TV screens and there it was, one of the towers smoking. Then an airplane hit.
What I didn't know at that moment was that the Pentagon had been hit too. But I found out soon enough.
And I knew I couldn't go fight because I had the wrong citizenship.
What was funny was I was almost deported but got away with a verbal warning when I attempted to join the USMC in March of 2001. Had I been a US citizen or permanent resident 9/11 may have rolled by sometime during Boot Camp.
Plus I think that Pentagon shaped image above would be an outstanding sticker.

September 11th wasn't.
There was the attack on the Madrid subway system not to mention the bombings and bombing attempts in various places in the UK.

I had just arrived home after an overnight job on the Port Pirie tug boat.

My wife and son were sitting on the lounge in the living room and didn't even look up as I walked in, I was just in time to see the first tower collapse. Even though my mind was telling me that this was a poorly made movie, the stifled sobbing of my wife told me that this was a tragedy of the very worst kind.

It's not something I like to remember, but how can anyone ever forget.

Of course there are people who claim this event never took place... usually people a whole ocean away who have no clue and are blinded by hatred towards America.
I never got to see the NYC ground zero until a year afterwards I think but I did see the section of the Pentagon demolished.
I remember then the press were talking about which part had been hit and said that the vital parts of the Pentagon were on the other side of the building and claimed that was "common knowledge." Such BS.
Conspiracy theories started popping up about why the area running up to the crash site in the Pentagon was covered up but the answer to anyone who's been there is obvious: that place where the airplane debris was, was all grass. Any work in that area would have turned it into a unmanageable mud slick. But conspiracy theorists on the net were going on about how they were literally covering up evidence.
9/11 was the second time I was there for a major event.
The first was the 1998 overthrow of Suharto in Indonesia. I was right there when the city was on fire and you could hear gunfire every now and then.
I actually have newspapers of 9/11 saved. It's not going to be treated as an incident that never happened no matter what the story changes to in future. Not in my house.

Please, let's just have a little thought for those affected by this event.

There is not one notable thing that has happened in this world that has not attracted some crackpot conspiracy theory. Unless you actually believe these theories let's just leave them in the gutter where they belong. By continually dragging them up, you just further the cause of those who start them.

Last edited:
Please, let's just have a little thought for those affected by this event.

There is not one notable thing that has happened in this world that has not attracted some crackpot conspiracy theory. Unless you actually believe these theories let's just leave them in the gutter where they belong. By continually dragging them up, you just further the cause of those who start them.

The thing that gets me is, how in God's name could some one pull something up like that? Some of the worst, but most documented tradegies in World history, were many Innocent lives are lost, are criticized, and told by some, that there is a conspiracy, that something that tragic did not happen as told. I am thinking, "Why would our own government hate us like that? That would make them terrorists,Are you insane? That's pushing to far to start a agenda, and they know it". I saw some conspiracy's on the 9/11 attacks, and some are just plane ridiculous. With absolutely nothing to back it up.

If you can not except the truth, and realize, nobody knew what happened that morning, in September, and even the U.S. Government was shocked, then you are lost, dwelling on the pain of those who lost family and Friends that day for no good reason.

It was the beginning of my 7th grade year, I was sitting in class at Immaculate Heart of Mary school, right where Ocean Parkway runs into Kensington in Brooklyn. We heard one loud bang in the morning. A little bit later we saw a huge plume of black smoke coming from the direction of Manhattan. Then another loud bang, powerful enough to raise the dust in the room. I was getting very nervous because both my parents work in the city, I feared for the worst - that there was a huge out of control fire and they were caught in it. About 30 or 45 minutes later, we started to see hundreds of white specks of light flickering in the direction of the smoke, and it took another 20 minutes for them to get close enough for us to realize that they were individual pieces of paper. It made no sense at the time - the teachers wouldn't tell us what was going on, but I could see some of them crying in the hallways. At this point I was furious at them for not telling me what was happening in Manhattan. One by one, parents came and picked up their kids, some of them in tears themselves. I was one of about 12 kids left at school when Frankie's mom came to get him, and he ran back inside and yelled "The twin towers fell and there's war!" The first mental image I had was of soldiers fighting it out on the streets of the city. It wasn't until I snuck into the teacher's lounge and watched the news reports that I found the truth of the situation. I feel a little guilty now, but the first thing I felt was relief that my parents were alright. Then, I wondered how long it would be until the perpetrators were killed. The next day, we found out that the reason the teachers had been trying to keep it from us was that one of the students had lost his father in the attacks, and they didn't want to have to be the ones to tell him.

Considering the quality of my memory, I'm surprised this had been etched into my brain with such detail. I guess everything that's important is.

I remember the broadcast from one country that will stick with me. "Today, we are all Americans." France.

Back