I remember now why I stopped posting here before

mvilla2426

A few weeks ago, I stopped posting here. And that wasn't just because Dexter was home on R and R. I stopped posting here because this place annoys me sometimes.

I've never seen a forum that is so uptight as this one. The moderators and the admin here are constantly editing posts, or deleting them, often times for reasons that I just cannot fathom. If I were to say that something "sucks major ass" my post would most likely be deleted.

I understand about respect just fine, but I also understand that it is possible to be respectful without being so uptight. I refuse to post in a place when I have to constantly second-guess myself, where I am fearful that the mods won't like what I have to say, etc. I have been in situations in my life where I've been afraid, and I refuse to be fearful on the internet.

I'm a member of forums where people respect a difference of opinion, and will openly discuss it in a mature manner. But I can recall many times where, whenever I post somethimng a little different on here, everyone attacks me. You can disagree with me all you want to. But disagree with me in a mature manner. My opinion is just that: my own personal opinion. And you all are more than welcome to disagree with that opinion, just as I should be welcome to disagree with yours. But over and over I have found that I am not.

I am not the first person to leave this forum because you all cannot handle a nontraditional opinion, nor will I be the last.

No one will miss me if I leave, and that is fine with me. If anyone chooses to contact me, my e-mail is mvilla2426@earthlink.net There are a couple of you here that I'd love to keep in contact with, as I have greatly enjoyed talking to you.

The world is a colorful place filled with many different types of people.; Its time to recognize that.

Call me crazy if you want to-- Its certainly fact. Between the chronic depression, social anxiety disorder, and Borderline personality disorder, I certainly qualify as being crazy... Not to mention the PTSD that I myself had a few years back (It wasn't just my dad who had that). And let me tell you guys something-- I'm not a spoiled brat who is throwing a fit because I am not getting my own way. I've been through way too much ell in my life, and I just don't deal with crap. And in this place, I cannot truly be myself.

My own father tried to kill me twice. I've seen my grandmother's house after her husband tried to kill her (this at age 6). It was bloody all over the place. I've been raped, I've been beaten, and a few other things that I'm not mentioning at the moment. I mention these things because these things have shaped who I am. And this place cannot handle a strong woman like myself. So I am leaving now.

And most of you will be glad, I know.

Goodbye.

Ok......

I'm not forcing anyone to register and join use here, and I certainly wont force anyone to stay, so I wont comment your posts here.

If there's anyone out there who shares these views so please feel free to contact me (PM or post)..

Wow... and she thinks this place is uptight!!! THis is my forum to lay back on, and I'm a one of the mods!! No lie, this place is like school compared to Cadet Stuff...

We'll miss you... sorry things didn't work out...

(Yet another) Admin edit: No need to get rude here.....
Life must suck for you because part of life is dealing with crap. So bye bye Spider Man! I will miss your sexy red tights and wide white eyes and webslinging. O' Such a sad day it is today!

It has unfortunately been necessary for us to delete/edit more posts than usual lately.

That is nothing we really want to do, it's a lot of work and certainly not fun..

But some "elements" in here constantly fail to follow the simple set of forum rules, and to use common sense while posting..

You are all most welcome to comment on the rules or post/PM suggestions to new rules or changes.
I did not make this forum for my own use only, so I appreciate all input.

But I don't think many of you really understand how much work it is to keep this forum up and running, and I do not get much (money) from it either.

Alright, as many of you may know, I tend to take breaks from Military Forums, or I used to anyways. There weren't tons of users, and we would discuss the same topics for what seemed like forever. Now, there are a variety of topics, people, and opinions, making the forum must more lively.

WHen I returned from my last "falling off the face of the earth", I came back from a forum that you must always watch what you say, and respect and professionalism come first. I get here to bad language, immaturity, and chaos, compared to the other. I made a post with my concerns, and of course, to keep me and others from being flamed, it was locked (thanks btw). I think the forums have come a long way, and that Redleg and all the other mods have done a wonderful job of making it "family friendly". I don't always want to come back to a post that consists of nothing but horrible language, and someone's opinion of where someone's head is, or where they should go. Yes, venting is fine, and a few words here and there are alright, and such, but there is a censored smiley to keep other words out.

I have made comments of my own that were way out of line, and I will also say that I am not perfect. I will once more say, I am sorry that you feel this way about the forums, but people of all ages come here, and we must all keep that in mind.

YMMV...

Like i wrote on other posts by people leaving the forum...There is no problem with other opinions, as long as they are respectful and sensible. The admin and mods constantly discuss the boundaries and rules, and try to make them effective and comfortable at the same time. Keeping the discussions in order is harder then it may seem.

I'm just wondering, but.. What do people expect when they join a forum run mostly by people in the Military? Cup Cakes and Kittens?!

Hell No, they want order -- A Nice Place To be, but Order.

Ofcourse the place is going to be strict, Rightly so. Do you know how nervous I was the first day here? I mean, I'm known as the biggest *Ahem*Hole, and Pr*cough* ever at most of the other forums, but I don't want to anger the forum and have a bunch of Moderators riding my *ahem* all damned day, and then get banned by RedLeg, because I couldn't keep myself from being an idiot.

Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is, you should of expected this forum to be strict, I mean.. The Staff may seem a bit too strict, but if you talk with them in a PM or so about things, they are very negotiable. (Thank God For That)

-I beg that the Moderators/Administrators don't kill me in my sleep for this post, or delete/edit it, as I worked hard to make sure it wouldn't ofend anyone but would still get this [Somewhat] needed point across to some others who might be thinking of leaving because the staff is a bit too strict for their liking.-

Back