Religious fenatics to protest service for fallen soldiers

Duty Honor Country

Each month at Ft. Campbell, there is a service for all those who have fallen in Iraq. This wednesday, the Westboro Baptist Church is going to picket the main gate of Ft. Campbell "to hail the death of U.S. soldiers as a sign that God is angry about gay tolerance." Wednesday is also the day for the monthly service to remember those fallen brothers in arms. I think I am going to pay these idiots a vist once I am done classes for the day. The link below has the article from the local paper here in Clarksville on this protest.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060204/NEWS01/602040330/1002

They've been doing this all over the country at military funerals. They really aren't worth the time, or the O2 they steal. Pathetic individuals and even more pathetic human beings, in my opinion. I haven't seen any at the funerals I've attended, but I doubt I would approach one for fear I'd lose my temper. Best way to counter-act them I think, is to ignore them, they aren't worth the attention anyway.

From what I understand, they are pretty well guarded by the cops whenever they protest, they hide behind them, so if you are looking for a bit of wall to wall you may have to wait until they leave. :wink:

Rabs said:
The muslims are makeing these guys look like moderates now days.

Wrong is wrong. Using one group's actions to excuse (and I'm sure that wasn't your intention) another group's actions just doesn't play.

These guys are at best distasteful idiots and at worst hate mongering morons.

Only one thing is for sure, these guys are the best thing that ever happened to the gay rights movement.

And the Democrat/Left agenda. These guys, whether they are or not, will be taken as your "average right-wing Republican." It's always the few bad apples that get the most recognition, of course, that's usually because they are jumping up and down making fools of themselves looking for attention. :confused:

Hopefully any media that happens to show up will remember the real purpose of the day, and not spend all of their coverage on those asshats. Yeah yeah, wishful thinking, I know, I know!

Back