Religion and war

I've never seen God do anything.

I see an "omnipotent God" playing stupid mind games.....

Ooops! In the same post.

Aah yes. I thought you would like my nice little quotation. Glad you approve. However, re. English Language comprehension, please note the quotation marks.

Last edited:
senojekips, maybe that the children give up easily... they dont have a strong ego... the feeling that they can take on anything. they can give up easily when they face something they cant understand.

they have the ability to say (to themselves) "I cant get it now, maybe when I'm older."

by definition god is a superior mind. we arent supposed to understand him. like an ant isnt supposed to understand how a car works...

but religion is open for interpretation... and you know the results I guess...

senojekips, maybe that the children give up easily... they dont have a strong ego... the feeling that they can take on anything. they can give up easily when they face something they cant understand.
Children are exactly that, children with a poor comprehension of fact and fiction, hardly the group to quote in matters of judgement.

they have the ability to say (to themselves) "I cant get it now, maybe when I'm older."

by definition god is a superior mind. we arent supposed to understand him. like an ant isnt supposed to understand how a car works...
Who said we aren't supposed to understand "him"? Those with the mentality of an ant? Come now,... I may not be a Rhodes Scholar, or a nuclear physicist, but I do have more comprehension of the facts regarding this subject than an ant.

but religion is open for interpretation... and you know the results I guess...
Yes, it is interpreted as a man made business to both keep the masses believing mumbo jumbo that has not progressed since the dark ages, whilst collecting money for this "service".

As I said in my previous post, all of this has been debated on this forum before, before you go on, it would be wise to read what has already been said.

If there was a "God" he would strike me dead in a heartbeat, knowing what I think of him.

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Ooops! In the same post
Aah yes. I thought you would like my nice little quotation. Glad you approve. However, re. English Language comprehension, please note the quotation marks.
Yes, it's childlike charm was irresistible. But that was where it ended. Stillborn.

Last edited:

Yes, it's childlike charm was irresistible. But that was where it ended. Stillborn.

Well thank you, but once again you are wrong - it is not a new quotation.
You tend to suppose too much, I think.

You seem to me to be oblivious to everything but the problem of how to find a word of one syllable that means Supralapsarianism.

Well, I never supposed anything, nor said that I did, That my friend was your supposition.

Perhaps because those whom I am addressing are hard pressed to comprehend words of more than one syllable, but Google for long words in an effort to impress.

What's next "wheelbarrow' or perhaps "umbrella"?

in the second line here you are thinking like an adult. No child has ever done that. Children go with the easy answer served up to them on a platter by adults, such as Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and The Tooth Fairy.

Religion strikes me as the epitome of human wish to believe in the gods of their childhood, which they disovered were false when they grew up. Religion is the only one not proven to be mom and dad when they're asleep, so they cling to it for dear life.

Even Mother Teresa questioned her faith at times in the midst of all the suffering she saw around her, with the thought that a truly good lord would not let such suffering happen.

I cannot bring myself to say to a religious family, this person is really going to be no more

Perseus, the above is not strictly relevant, because not all religions believe in an after-life. However, I applaud a worhty sentiment.

I agree with your views on Philosophy and the teaching of schools. Do you include the new religion of Homosexual behaviour being taught, as it is, from 5 years upwards, and not as a general subject?

Now, there on some on these boards, and I do not include you, who enjoy nothing more than slamming home to the those of religious persuasion , at every opportunity, the point of view you cannot bring yourself to express. But of course, scientifically, the atheist point of view is without any proof or foundation whatsoever. (It is a matter which any child can understand but no atheist can solve.)

There are those who swallow what these guys say, whole, because it is blasted with arrogant bravado and bluster by those who cannot accept any alternative opinion to their own. I accept this happens, because I am aware that in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

I myself would politely point out to such preachers that they are imposing their little bog-standard closed minds upon a subject which to the greatest scientists and philosophers is still a puzzle, and it is something absolutely beyond the ken of those tiny brains shouting in the dark.

I am happy for atheists to believe whatever they want, but they should steer clear of imposing ignorance so forcefully upon those who happen not to share their views.

Has religion caused wars? Certainly, but that is basically the fault of the nature of man, as indicated by Darwin.

Why should a creation, which might well include the use of evolution in its process, be out of the question, when we know that we ourselves are perfectly capable in the future of creating human existance from scratch on far distant planets. We could possibly be considered 'the man in the sky' to far generations in their carefully uninfluenced Gardens of Eden.

And there is the question of Time as a dimension, wherein everything was created long before the big bang, and then switched on, to programme. This is a commendable scientific approach.

Who on earth can rule out a creation, a creative force?

Last edited:
Perseus, the above is not strictly relevant, because not all religions believe in an after-life......Do you include the new religion of Homosexual behaviour being taught, as it is, from 5 years upwards, and not as a general subject?

I think most major religions do, can you name any that doesn't?

Homosexual behaviour: Remember the Dave Allen Joke, once you got hung drawn and quartered, then just burned, then imprisoned, now it is legal, in the future it will be compulsory! LOL

I suppose like sex generally it has to be explained, within the context that it is unusual if not sinful. I'm not sure in what sense it is taught.

I think most major religions do, can you name any that doesn't?

Hi Perseus; Well yes. In fact the Big Daddy of our major religions, Judaism, does not include the concept of an after-life. For them, this is it, chum. That's their original message.

Last edited:
Del Boy

I didn't know that. After having a quick Google around might it not be more accurate to say that Jews put less emphasis on the afterlife than other Religions and entertain a range of views?

Although Judaism concentrates on the importance of the Earthly world (Olam Ha'zeh — "this world"), all of classical Judaism posits an afterlife. Jewish tradition affirms that the human soul is immortal and thus survives the physical death of the body. The Hereafter is known as Olam Haba (the "world to come"), Gan Eden (the Heavenly "Garden of Eden", or Paradise) and Gehinom ("Purgatory").[5][6][7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_eschatology

Last edited:
the real story...or something like that

you right when you say that jews belive that the human soul is immortal.
about "eden" many belive that the meaning of the term is a place that adam and hava (the first peple) been born in, and been exiled from. by the bilives evry soul will return to eden some day. people say that thus place is eaerthly and located somewhere in africa...

I know that there is a pilgrimage place in Morroco... they call it "chaala"... if I'm guessing the meaning correctly, it means "flame"...

it's a place where you can see many Jewish pilgrims... and sometimes, there is important people who visit the area... Bill Clinton was there while he was in his official visit when he was president.

If I had to guess where is this place where the Jews think that the souls go rest... I would bet on that one, it's the only place I could think about it.

anyway... it's also an exemple on how politics and religion mix together.

the link between Israel and the USA is pretty religious. it was strategic in the past... but since the collapse of USSR... Israel is more of a burden than a real foothold in the area.

Think of the bad reputation the US get at every veto they vote to protect Israel. now the UN is a joke and the US have the reputation of the devil in the Middle-East and North Africa... and also in Europe I guess...

I think that we shouldnt mix religion with politics... the only authorized mix is with justice... justice with economy, justice with religion, justice with politics etc etc...
anything else is a source of trouble...

Last edited:
Thank you, b n angel. Yes, "Return to Eden some day." On the day The Messiah returns, I believe. Then all will rise, bodily. For this reason, even liberal Jews, who are permitted to accept cremation, ensure the ashes are not scattered, but remain together. For Jews, that day has never yet arrived..

The soul considered immortal, but no promise of continuation of life as a reward.

However, I am no expert on the precise theology.

Last edited:
del boy - acually you understand more than many people that live in israel today.
to le mask:i think you mixing things. the relaitionship between US and Israel are not based on religion at all, and a lot of the steps that US takes to protect Isreal are goshing from justice reason or the diplomatic relationships between the two countries...

b_n_angel, I'm sorry. But I dont share this view...
I dont want to talk like these people who hate the jews and hide behind political views to spread their hatred...

But I saw these US citizens talk about Israel... and believe me, these guys dont give a damn about justice/democracy... they love Israel an inconditionnal love. because of some prophecy or god knows what... and these people have a lot of influence in the US. If tomorrow a US government does anything against Israel, they will bring havoc on this government...

And I saw Obama and MC Cain and Clinton speak about Israel... and how they support it. and how they love it, and have Jewish friends and yadda yadda...

I didnt see them say so about Germany or the Uk or France, or Spain... why Israel in particular? why not Irak? because Irak needs support, it's a little democracy trying to appear in the Middle-East too.

why they focus on Israel who is a powerful small country in the Middle East? there must be a reason.

I think that it's the perfect exemple of religion and politics mixing up.
and I can say the same about finances and politics mixing up.

Bush will shake hands with Israeli officials today, and the next day he will shake hands and hold hands with some Saudi prince/king...

I'm sick of this hypocrisy... the Saudis arent friends of Israel.

to le mask

i agree about the hypocrisy. what i wanted to say that the religion have nothing to do whit this. i don't know if you right about some prophecy' but i do know that america does nothing for free. the relaitionship between Israel and the US go back many yaers and the agreements that exists between the two countries are very powerful. another thing, you said by your self Israel is a powerful country and it stands now and always in a big danger.

why they focus on Israel who is a powerful small country in the Middle East? there must be a reason.

I think that it's the perfect exemple of religion and politics mixing up.
and I can say the same about finances and politics mixing up.
US politicians are very much aware of the power of the Jewish vote, and also the part played by the Jewish business community in the USA.

http://www.jcpa.org/jl/vp509.htm

Back