The religion of peace. - Page 2

View Poll Results :Is Islam a religion of peace?
Unconditional yes. 1 5.26%
Yes, under certain circumstances... please explain. 5 26.32%
Unconditional no. 7 36.84%
No, under certain circumstances... please explain. 3 15.79%
I am an ostrich. 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 31st, 2006  
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Oh come on guys, don't be more Catholic then the Pope as we say in Holland. Whom are we trying to kid? Sure, the Islam can be a bloody religion which calls for the spreading of the religion by any means. But the Christians have done so too throughout history. In the past 2000 years entire cultures have been eradicated in nomini patri, filii et spiritu sancti. The church has killed thousands because they were witches, killed every living thing from the Hellespond to Jeruzalem..... And the list is endless!

Just as many of you sit in comtemplation and peace in mass on sunday, so do many of the Muslims. But every religion has it's zealots the will kill, maim and burn in the name of the "true and only God"....
Perhaps so Ted, but if one is to consider the situation a modern context, one would have to admit that the suicide bombers in the news are not Christians, the IEDs are not being built in the Vatican, nor are the calls for killing all the Infidels coming from the dome of St. Peter's Cathedral. The fact that crimes against humanity have been committed in the name of Christianity or any other religion in the past doesn't justify the wanton violence that occurs today proudly in the name of Islam. The perpetrators of the current culture of death must be condemned by anyone with a conscience. I would commend anyone of any religion who truly "sit in contemplation of peace" and live their lives accordingly.
May 31st, 2006  
moving0target

As said in my post and as DTop mentioned in his, there will always be those who pervert religion, but you don't see these religious wackados blowing anything up:

http://www.break.com/movies/hannityloon.html
May 31st, 2006  
deerslayer

Now wait a cottonpickin' minute here... Christians have their fair share of fundamentalist crazies too. Ever heard of "ZOG"? In Waco, these fundamentalists believed that the "Zionist Occupational Group" had taken control of their government, and they took up a huge cache of arms to make a last stand. Same deal with Ruby Ridge and the Jim Ellison affair.

But Islam specifically HAS a "loophole" of sorts to make war- jihad. And by the standards set forth in the religion, it's totally acceptable.
--
Boots
May 31st, 2006  
Missileer

But Christianity doesn't overtly teach that all non-Christians should be killed if not convertable. If so, show me a scripture in the New Testament, the one I personally follow, that backs that up.
May 31st, 2006  
bulldogg

Chapter and verse, actuall words in the Koran call for beheadings and conversion or death.

There is NOTHING like this in the new testament. The old testament doesn't count for Christians as the gospel preached by Jesus supercedes the teachings of the old testament.

THAT is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference.
June 1st, 2006  
deerslayer

I understand the facts, I was simply pointing out that each religion has its share of crazies. It's just that Islam condones the crazies to commit homicide.
June 1st, 2006  
bulldogg

It doesn't condone, it actively DIRECTS them to do so.
June 1st, 2006  
deerslayer

alright, maybe "condone" was too weak a word. Maybe Radwan, an Islamic buddy who's on the boards now, will have some words on this.
June 1st, 2006  
Radwan

Jihad is only declared if you are under attack or you or your family are in harm. Another fact is that it can be called if a 'homeland' is being invaded. Or attacked by enemies. This is when Jihad can be called for. Jihad is not a bad thing. Only when it is taken out of context.

It does NOT direct people to commit suicide. In fact, suicide is haram (unlawful) in Islam. Those who commit it are doomed to eternal time in hell. So no, Islam does not condone these people to do what they do.

Also, in Islam, no children/women/old/civilians are allowed to be hurt in war. There was a quote of the Prophet (God raise his rank) that was said when he was speaking to his army. "You will not harm even the smallest of trees."

Meaning, they will not harm anyone that is a non-combatant.

Just thought I should clear this up. Islam is NOT a religion of hatred and anger. It is a religion of peace. But with peace comes war. And only in the defense can Jihad be called. (Even if the place your defending has been taken, as in Jarusalem back when the crusades were around)

Also, the problem with reading English translated Quran is that it is not how the Quran should be read. The true Quran should be read in Arabic. So I suggest you all learn Arabic. That or have someone read you the verses and translate to you. As in Islam it is haram (unlawful) to translate the Quran to other languages. As I said, it must be in Arabic.
June 1st, 2006  
Rob Henderson

So the translations are wrong?If so, how can anyone outside Arabic-speaking people even know what it is "truely" saying? What happens in the translating of the Quran into English? Do words get flip-flopped or what?

So harming the reporters or the women and children who are thankful that the United States is over there are combatants?

Perhaps I should consult my own Islamic contacts for further info.