reliable QBZ-95

Please notice the color of the chin strap. The gold chin strap means officer ranks. Black chin strap means enlist ranks in most countries. Anyway, the man in the green uniform is maybe sarge.

Wow, the weirdest Assaultrifle discussion................... ever.

Hey I have no doubt the Chinese can build roads, I´d be quite appalled if they couldn´t actually.
Same goes for houses.

Parts of my family travelled to Bejing this past summer.
The air was so dirty they concidered it a health hazard to walk around in the city.
Not really the impression you get by watching the pics you have posted in this here thread.

As for the weapon in question.
I myself have never fiered it so I can´t comment on it´s reliability in adverse conditions.
But fact is that countries build weapons to suit their AO.
That would probably create problems for any platform when placed outside it´s original intended area of use.

I´ve seen these threads before and if people can´t look beyond their own platforms they just become pissing contest.
Everyone is going to back their own kit.

As proven by this thread.

PS. the AK5C is the best assault rifle in the world.:angel:

bulldogg, if you really thought the word "Bulldoggie" was a insulte, I apologize. Then I'll call you Mr. bulldogg, OK?

To add more falsity.

Guangzhou
15458251xf7.jpg
At least you're being honest now. I work in this building ^^^ and the neighborhood looks nothing like this.

At least you're being honest now.

15458251xf7.jpg

I work in this building ^^^ and the neighborhood looks nothing like this.

Ummm Regisvo.... where did that picture come from. Sim City 2000? You can see that it is a computer generated image. In fact, it looks like something from my Nintendo 64 game of Pilot Wong 64.

Topic reminder:
QBZ-95 Assault Rifle

Please stay on that topic from now on guys, and/or start a new one for the other stuff you've been "discussing".....

Thanks.

I'll play nice chief.....

QBZ-95 Rifle - Unproved Rifle System. Yet to see major combat and looks like a piece of crap. I handled a QBZ-97, the 5.56x45mm chambered export version. Crappy workmanship, handles like a drunk pig, accuracy isn't the best, and the ergonomics are a little better than shouldering a concrete cinder block.

I'll pass and stick with the AR-15 platform. If not that then the AR-18 or the Heckler & Koch G41 rifle (much better then the G36 in my humble opinion....what a shame they're no longer made.)

I'll play nice chief.....

QBZ-95 Rifle - Unproved Rifle System. Yet to see major combat and looks like a piece of crap. I handled a QBZ-97, the 5.56x45mm chambered export version. Crappy workmanship, handles like a drunk pig, accuracy isn't the best, and the ergonomics are a little better than shouldering a concrete cinder block.

I'll pass and stick with the AR-15 platform. If not that then the AR-18 or the Heckler & Koch G41 rifle (much better then the G36 in my humble opinion....what a shame they're no longer made.)
Chinese are doing well in global small fire arms market.
http://www.globalfirepower.com/list_smallarms_export.asp
I can still be amazed that chinese can sell cheap military rifles.
As I thought,nations selling beautifle carved guns are top nations of small fire arms.

Newer carbines outperform M4 in dust test

Newer carbines outperform M4 in dust test

By Matthew Cox - Staff writer
Posted : Wednesday Dec 19, 2007 11:54:45 EST

The M4 carbine, the weapon soldiers depend on in combat, finished last in a recent “extreme dust test” to demonstrate the M4’s reliability compared to three newer carbines.

Weapons officials at the Army Test and Evaluation Command at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md., exposed Colt Defense LLC’s M4, along with the Heckler & Koch XM8, FNH USA’s Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle and the H&K 416 to sandstorm conditions from late September to late November, firing 6,000 rounds through each test weapon.

When the test was completed, ATEC officials found that the M4 performed “significantly worse” than the other three weapons, sources told Army Times.

Officials tested 10 each of the four carbine models, firing a total of 60,000 rounds per model. Here’s how they ranked, according to the total number of times each model stopped firing:

• XM8: 127 stoppages.
• MK16 SCAR Light: 226 stoppages.
• 416: 233 stoppages.
• M4: 882 stoppages.

the results of the test were “a wake-up call,” but Army officials continue to stand by the current carbine, said Brig. Gen. Mark Brown, commander of Program Executive Office Soldier, the command that is responsible for equipping soldiers.

:crybaby::lol:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/12/army_carbine_dusttest_071217/</H2>

If you treat the M16 or M4 how a communist or insurgent treats their weapons, then 1.5 malfunctions out of 100 rounds fired is not bad IMHO. (882/60,000=.0147~1.5%)

If you treat the M16 or M4 how a communist or insurgent treats their weapons, then 1.5 malfunctions out of 100 rounds fired is not bad IMHO. (882/60,000=.0147~1.5%)

Never had an issue with my service issue rifle nor my personal rifle. Both have performed beyond expectation. If you treat your rifle right she'll treat you right.

Now for some Communist designed piece of metal that's a completely different story. Their owners have no clue on how to operate and care for a rifle the right way. Hence why they're designed form the ground up the way they are.

AR-15/M-16 Series = Marksman Rifle
QBZ-95 Series = Rifle for conscripted farmer with no clue on proper care.

@Maytime
Officials tested 10 each of the four carbine models, firing a total of 60,000 rounds per model.

@5.56X45mm
Did you mean XM8, SCAR, HK416 is the rifle for conscripted farmer with no clue on proper care too.
the results of the test were “a wake-up call,”

Yeah I get it, 10 M4s fired a total of 60,000 rounds, with 882 malfunctions amongst the 10 rifles, so my math still stands, but reflects an average for each rifle since I don't have any other statistics (i.e. how each rifle performed), so I assume they all performed the same (the average).

--Maytime, your friendly neighborhood mechanical engineer.

Yeah, I got it. M-16 Series = Marksman Rifle. It only consumes few ammunition. It's not bad. The test of 60,000 rounds is unfair.

Am I right?

Great thread.....so totally off beat when you have westerners try and debate technical merits of a weapon system with an eastern communist.

I guess that China's car and motorbike industry produce far better cars than Mercedes, Holden, Ford or BMW. I guess we just don't find these things out in the west because the truth can't penetrate our wall of capitalist propaganda.

As for the QBZ system, I will not believe in the merits of this system until I see battle proven results. The M-16 (and M4) systems have proven themselves, as have the SLR, the Steyr, the SA-80 etc. Now each of these systems has it's own issues and draw backs, especially when a system is first being designed and implemented into bulk service.... but they have proved themselves at war (Just to name some quick examples these systems have been involved in; Borneo, Malaya, Vietnam, Falklands, Somalia, Rwanda, Grenada, Iraq, Afghanistan, East Timor, the Solomon Islands).

Now, if the QBZ had proved itself as the mainstay of a nations armaments during a major conflict I'd give it a moments notice, but since it is another attempt by communist china to copy western designs (poorly) I won't.

As for all these photos... what do they prove. Lets not get into a pissing contest here. China would come out a sore and bloody loser when compared to US infrastructure, Australian outback blue sky, and European culture and quality of living.

Hey AussieNick, I'm not a absolute man. Do I dislike all western things?

People will become rude sometimes, due to hate or dislike. I knew 5.56x45mm is a Cuba-American. He hate communism so much. I will not become Mr. Rude.

Hey AussieNick, I'm not a absolute man. Do I dislike all western things?

People will become rude sometimes, due to hate or dislike. I knew 5.56x45mm is a Cuba-American. He hate communism so much. I will not become Mr. Rude.

At risk of seeming ignorant.... what are you talking about?

I don't know.... Bulldog is never wrong on the subject of Communism China. He's lived there for quite awhile. As for the news articles, yeah it does state that the Chi-Coms are selling arms to some of the world's most unsavory characters.

Okay, now lets put two and two together....

QBZ-95 is a firearm. Firearms fall under the classification of arms. The Chi-Coms are selling arms to the world's most unsavory characters.

Are the Chi-Coms cleaning out their stock of older small arms? Yup, but I beat you since they have slave labor (Communist Country) and a large number of factories that they're producing QBZ-95 rifles for sell to the open market.

Hey, I'll make you a deal. You allow religious freedom, right for people to be secure on their persons, freedom of speech, right to keep and bear arms, right to be the on in charge of the government, stop planning to undermine the United States of America, stop making back door deals with Iran, free Tibet, free Hong Kong, and keep your grimy paws of Taiwan. Then I'll stop poking fun at your crappy rifle.....

As I said before, I have something called experience in this subject. I EAT, BREATH, AND DREAM FIREARMS. I HAVE WORKED WITH FIREARMS SINCE I WAS 18 YEARS OLD.

I am a former infantry soldier, gun smith, firearms dealer, and current police officer.

You want to talk to me about pickup trucks. Okay, I'll listen because automobiles aren't my best subject. But firearms are my way of life.

Oh and educate yourself. What you get forced into your mind isn't the truth.... Communism isn't the way and the People's Republic of China isn't the best place on Earth. Head on over the the USA and enjoy the wonders of a free society and capitalism. Sure, capitalism isn't perfect. But it's the best thing in the world right now.

I have to admit that this is a very old thread, but I happened to see it today and after seeing what "5.56X45mm" said, I really need to make a few comments here!
5.56X45mm,
You continuously emphasis on the word Chi-Com, and the fact that you don’t like the communist china.
You may have more knowledge about firearms, but this does not give you the right discriminate against my race and my home country!
You don’t seem to have lot knowledge about the Chinese communist, nor do you have any knowledge about the Chinese history. You talk about free Tibet, leave Taiwan along, and even free Hong Kong? Do you understand that those places had always been part of china throughout the history? Can you even find out where those places are on map?
The politics behind it is not hard to see, your country, the united states is simply trying to tear my country apart because you fear the China is going to surpass US and see us as a potential threat! But easier said than done, it’s not going to be so simply!
You said you were a former soldier in Afghanistan. You may not be so happy to hear me say this, but why were you in Afghanistan? I’m not criticising you as a soldier, soldiers do their job. Your country probably told you that you were fighting for the freedom of the Afghanistan people. But the way I see it, it’s about seize power in the Middle East area, and the ultimate goal – oil!
Even you admit that capitalism is not the best, so why can’t other countries such as china explore and develop new social systems? If you like butter and bread, does that mean everyone else must follow you and eat what you eat?
Just how much do you know about china? I have live more than 10 yrs in both a communism and a capitalism country. I have access to media from both side, and watched them mudslinging each other for long enough. What you called “war on terror” we call it “invasion”. Indeed all countries do brainwash their people. So what makes you dislike Chinese and Chinese communism?
It’s not like every Chinese have done something to your family, or responsible for the bullet that injured you, or killed your friend. Next time think before you make a comment about the Chinese, because you are nothing better!
And if this is not going to change your racist attitude, then so be it, because not matter how much you dislike us, it is not going to stop us improving and becoming a stronger nation!

Back