Relationships

Sooners1

OK kids, folks. I have read post after post about how you messed up with a girlfriend/boyfriend, how they have done somethin, upset cuz of this or that, in love so on and on and on. Let me tell ya all somethin. At 13, 14, 15, etc.. you really have no idea about a relationship yet. Most of the I can not live without her or him stuff is not real love. You may think that now but later you will realize how foolish this actually is. Do not think you need a relationship right now. Most of these will phase out by the time you graduate high school or shortly after. I am happily married with 3 kids and another on the way, and believe it or not it is not with a high school sweetheart. it is hard to hear or understand but it is the truth.

Not really. when my mom and my dad got married they weren't highschool sweethearts. In fact, they barely knew each other

It can take quite awhile to find the right one for you too. I had the same girlfriend from age 14 to 20. I was certain it was true love and I do still have fond memories of her. My joining the military though and being away eventually killed the relationship. Had a few other girlfriends after that and then married in my late 20s. Thought that was the real deal. It certainly was for me. I worked long and hard to provide for my family and my reward was to come home to find my wife in bed with another man and being told I "wasn't around enough" as the reason why. So the house I worked so hard to get for us went to my wife and her new flame and I got to see my adopted son (her's by a boyfriend when she was in her teens) not at all and my daughter very rarely. Needless to say, this left me terribly bitter about relationships and though I dated from time to time I swore I'd never give my heart to any woman again. Then one magic day I started a new job and there she was - the woman I was destined to have met all my life. We both had an instant attraction and as time went on it only deepened. We are now so close that we often finish each other's sentences and the peace I feel at her side gives me some idea of what a heaven might be like. I've come to the conlusion that I never knew true love before this and I'm in my 50s. This June we will be married and the future has never looked so bright.

My parents were highschool things. But bleh.
I've been dating my man for 4 going on 5 years. ;]

Ah, everyone... I think you deserve a update to that. :)

And forgive me for being the ignorant teen that I am. :)

After a week or so of efforts to get myself sent away from this place, I finnaly got somewhere... I talked to the district supervisor of the schools and asked him what it would take for me to get sent into bootcamp. He was pretty amazed that someone actually wanted to be voluntarily sent there and said "this is the first time anyone has ever wanted to do this".

3-4 days had passed since then, and guess what I learn? I'm being sent to a counselor for "mental anxiety".

My first day with her was pretty straight forward, she asked me why I wanted to be sent to bootcamp, I explain myself, she understood. So they more or less gave up on me and said that "in order for you to get into there, someone needs to leave, and that isn't going to happen right now..."

So at the moment, I'm living life normally... Not sure quite what the future has in hold but whatever happens I'll be ready...

LOL
thats funny that they sent you to a cousellor, you would have thought there were more encouraging of your future profession

You can't have a serious functional and productive relationship at such a young age. Not enough life experience. That is why the relationships are in turmoil, they are just another learning experience and as always, you learn by your mistakes. Examples: you fall off your motorbike, it hurt, you try not to do it again. In the same way that you piss off your girlfriend doing something stupid, she breaks up with you, you don't do it again. It's all learning isn't it.

yeppie

Relationships hmmmm thats a tricky one.

I mean theres no way a teenager esp a 15 yr old is gonna listen about "relationship advice"

To them they are in love and no 1 knows what that feels like, i mean come on people we all been there huh. Think nothing can touch us that its special huh..............damn i lost count the amount of times i fell from some "bad boy" lad mind you they were all like 3yrs + older than me damn it when i was 16 i was with a 23yr old, thats not right! I though I was big and great cus lder lads liked me. Yet its more hurtful when you rlet down. More evil. I am still coming to terms that all men that stray should be hung drawn and qtr'd.................but hey i am just a simple woman :roll:

I was in love once, 1st love and all and that guy still years on i hold a place for but it was over and never go back. So i believe you can be in love more than once. Unless your cheating and you say you love both people your with. Now thats the bull talking i say. You can't love two people at once, you can be in love and in lust at same time but love? nah my opinion is that .

i read somewhere an interesting way of putting teenage relationships, they are based around:
"i love you, (because i need you)"
whereas mature relationships are
"i need you (because i love you)"

i hope i got the quote the right way around,

when you think about it, tis true. most teenage relationships are all experimental and very much based on the need to be seen with someone, and thats what forms the love, rather than actually liking the person, you jsut like that you have someone to be around

yep

Yeah sounds like it.....................your a teenager, all your really gonna think about is what others think of you at end of day. Thats what evolves round you at that age.

When you get older and a lil more mature you start to realise that its not what looks good on your bf/gf............its the person inside the way they make you feel how you both react together etc..........i used to go for the stunning blokes but now the really stunning ones tend to be arrogant and nothing special about them. I can't do that no more..........i left that behind at 17 lol

Hmmmm....I think that it's alright to get involved in a relationship young, but not to take it too seriously. When I was 16 I fell head over heels for the boy next door who just happened to be 23. We went out for a year and a half and had to break up because of me going to college. It was tough to break up when we HAD to not that we WANTED to but I definitely don't regret being in a serious relationship with him, I learned some things along the way so I think it's alright to have serious relationships at a young age, but not to expect much from them in the end....

yep

I think relationships are different for every one these days.........10 yrs ago its was different that morals were higher etc................more sex is brought into it these days i think and that people are under more pressure to have sex in a relationship.

But I don't agree that at 18 getting married to your school "sweet heart" is good or getting married at such a young age is good either, I mena my view is before settling down you need to live a little cus then at least there are no regrets about things.

I notice in america people get married ever so young, but maybe thats cus population is higher? or i am just dumb lol

I was just tryin to get at the fact that most teens thin that they are "in love" and cant live without this person. This is not the case. Once you get out of high school and start your life you will find that you were mostly in love with the fact that you were in a relationship or in lust. The person you think is "the one" in high school is actually "the one at this time."

And my friends laugh at me when I say I've never had a girlfriend. The only time I think I "need" a girlfriend is during a break. But, the day we go back to school i'm like, "what the h**l was I thinking?" Do it every time, I just need something to pass the time with.

its sad the way society is going:
i had a shift at work last night and we had to kick two 15 year olds out of the complex because they decided that a cinema was a good place to have sex. needless to say, the people around them didn't agree

Back