Relationship Advice

--
Boots

October 18th, 2007  
philam15

Topic: Relationship Advice

I had been going out with this guy Ryan for about 2 months (actually it would have been our 2 months tomorrow) so everything was good we'd fight over little stuff but it was no big deal. last sunday he told me that I was being overly dramatic and too clingy so I thought on that and was like "ok I'm going to try to fix it" he also had said that day (on aim) that this was a high school relationship and that he wanted to hang out with other people too and have a social life...but its not like I was naming our children I just invited him over to hang out so I think that was a little overreacting on his part.I go to school monday thinking everything was fine but it wasn't because he was acting like he didn't want to talk to me. so I was upset about that & I asked him & he was like "well I don't feel any diff" I was going crazy all week because he would act like nothing was wrong yet this was him on the phone "yep no mmhmm ok" so last night we were talking on the phone he was watching a movie at the same time & was acting like he didn't want to talk to me so I said "do you want to just watch your movie" & he said no so I said "well I think I want to go to bed goodnite" & hung up on him after he said goodnite before he could say "i love you"today I didn't talk to him in 1 hour which we have together & I left without him (he usually walks me to my next class).we talk later.he asked me what was wrong.I said that I was upset because he was acting like he didn't want to talk to me & stuff.he was upset because I was being overly dramatic he said "i told you sunday you were being overly dramatic & you said you would work on it.I told him I was upset mon because he was acting diff.then he said "youve been overly dramatic all week & I was giving you today to see how you did & you stormed out of class you hung up on me while I was saying I love you.I can't do this nemore I want to break up." I begged for a chance but he held.what do I do now I still like him & I want to show him I still care but still give him space
October 18th, 2007  
>*CrAzY*<

Wow. I think I got all of that.
To me, it sounds like he just isn't ready to be in a relationship. Most guys are jerks, and I really wish (oldschool username) Silver Phoenix was here to back me up on this one.

And as far as giving him his space - do exactly that - give him his space. Don't hover around him, don't call him, don't text him, don't IM him, don't e-mail him, don't wait for him after class. If he wants to get in touch with you, he knows how. [You don't have to do this, but you asked...]

It's high school - let loose and have fun. I just got out of my longest relationship - 10 months. It went from about Christmas of my senior year to last weekend of my freshman year of college. No reason to tie yourself down, or be in a hurry to say I love you.
October 18th, 2007  
philam15

first of all sorry if it's hard for you to read I had to do this all from my phone so I'm not able to write as much. Thanks for the advice I'm going to try it and see how it works. I don't want to become like his stalker or anything just because I want back with him
--
Boots
October 19th, 2007  
CrazyLilCajun

yeah i agree with what crazy said.... give him space, let him contact you....if he contacts you then you know it was meant to be...if not theres someone better out there for you....hope this helps...
October 19th, 2007  
Team Infidel

i say, dump him, and go date his best friend.

oh yeah, as a side note, you have NO business "falling in love" at your age. date, and have fun. if you get to serious at your age, it will mess your head up. don't even think about "love" until college or after. Just date, no drama, and if it doesn't work out DTB (dump that boy).
October 19th, 2007  
philam15

though TI's post was expected...still made me cringe yahhh not so much

Well here we go, let's see what happens today!
October 19th, 2007  
Peddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Infidel
i say, dump him, and go date his best friend.

oh yeah, as a side note, you have NO business "falling in love" at your age. date, and have fun. if you get to serious at your age, it will mess your head up. don't even think about "love" until college or after. Just date, no drama, and if it doesn't work out DTB (dump that boy).

I second what TI said......specially about the best friend part. You'll get his attention then, trust me!
October 19th, 2007  
Del Boy

Chill - wait for the good guy, and whatever you do - don't chase!! These relationships, such as they are, are all about growing up. They don't need to be serious. And, at some time in our lives we all come up against rejection, it ain't so bad, it's a learning curve; keep loving your- self and don't ever let anyone grind you down. Always rise above 'em. The world is your oyster.
October 19th, 2007  
philam15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peddler
I second what TI said......specially about the best friend part. You'll get his attention then, trust me!

goodness thanks but...no!!
October 20th, 2007  
Fox

No is not an option. I'm with TI on this one.