Regarding the loss of Free Speech.

I was under the impression the British constitution was not a document like the American one. Rather it is the body of common law which makes it a pliable document that only a court of law can decide upon and as such gives judges infinite power. A major reason for the Americans penning one.

Bulldog, you're nearly right, in actual fact there are many documents which make up the British constitution, including treaties, statutes & judicial verdicts. The overriding principle is that of Parliamentary primacy, which is where laws are tabled and passed.

The judiciary does have some power, but these decisions are subject to appeal, which is why the House of Lords (the upper house in Parliament) is the highest court in the land). Their decisions are final, although now we have the bloated bureaucracy of Brussels to deal with, that may not always be the case.

I think someone must have listened to BritinAfrica, because most forms that I've completed ask for nationality as British / English etc & white is an acceptable ethnicity, at least for a little while longer.

Well, I'm no expert on either ; but, for example, if we had a proper written constitution, like, say, Ireland, our Government would have to allow us their manifesto promised referendum on the EU constitutional changes. They promised it firmly pre-election and now refuse to do so. In Ireland the government cannot avoid it, and Ireland has already once rejected it, good ol' boys as they are. Now their arms are being twisted by the great EU bureaucracy to vote again, against the EU's own rules.

I remember an incident in UK a few years ago, a woman had a collection of clay/pottery model pigs sitting on her window sill.

Apparently this offended the local Moslem's so much they contacted the police and demanded they be removed. A copper knocked on the womans door and ordered her to remove the pigs. Being one of the old school who believed a policeman is always right, obediently complied.

Quite frankly, if that had been my home I would have told the copper to Foxtrot Oscar, and I would have got hold of a real pig to roam around the front garden. This is but one of the reasons I left UK, the PC was and still is getting out of hand and has gone beyond the joke.

I remember an incident in UK a few years ago, a woman had a collection of clay/pottery model pigs sitting on her window sill.

Apparently this offended the local Moslem's so much they contacted the police and demanded they be removed. A copper knocked on the womans door and ordered her to remove the pigs. Being one of the old school who believed a policeman is always right, obediently complied.

Quite frankly, if that had been my home I would have told the copper to Foxtrot Oscar, and I would have got hold of a real pig to roam around the front garden. This is but one of the reasons I left UK, the PC was and still is getting out of hand and has gone beyond the joke.

You have got to be chittin me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I can't believe is the following.

#1 That the poor "offended" muslim had the nad's to call the Cops and complain about something as petty as that.

#2 That the Cops didn't tell him to get bent.

#3 That the cops actually ordered the figuerines removed.

Just me but I'd have told the officer to return with a court order. While I was contacting my attorney.

I really don't care what religion you practice, but be damned if your religion is going to dictate how I decorate my house.

You have got to be chittin me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I can't believe is the following.

#1 That the poor "offended" muslim had the nad's to call the Cops and complain about something as petty as that.

#2 That the Cops didn't tell him to get bent.

#3 That the cops actually ordered the figuerines removed.

Just me but I'd have told the officer to return with a court order. While I was contacting my attorney.

I really don't care what religion you practice, but be damned if your religion is going to dictate how I decorate my house.

This incident is only the ice cube on the tip of the ice berg.

There was a another incident, a chap had two replica muzzle loading naval guns made out of cement positioned on either side of his front door.

One morning a young copper knocked on his door and asked where his licence for the two naval guns was. The fella honestly thought the copper was kidding, laughed and said “Yea OK.” and was about to close the front door. Then realised that the young cop was serious. Apparently the home owner told him in no uncertain terms that the guns were made out of cement and did not require to be licenced, then told him to Foxtrot Oscar. Which he did lol.

Back