Reform in Sweden and Finland in 2015

Army0413

Banned
Sweden have smaller army than Finland in first and second armies.

In year 2015 reform of defence in booth countries take the risk of war in home in new step. I think Sweden must have smaller troops in first army then the bigger reserve in 60988 how they have against Finland in war time. I mean Finland today.

For Finland theirs 3 alt. to have a new size of army.

1.)100 000 plus 150 000 in reserve,

2.)61000 plus just 174 000 in reserve,

3.)32000 plus 150 000 in reserve,

The old size of first army in alt.3.

350 000 man in reserve today is a memory gone about 2 year forward.

I'm willing todays then 150 000 in reserve force how are biggest force against big enemies like this:

Russia and USA maybe United Kingdom and France to.

What your else thinking about this in northern Europe?

And defence forces here?

Last edited:
I read a lot of these complaints about the ever decreasing size of the worlds military's but I think what many of them over look is changing nature of the worlds conflicts.

In all seriousness where do you think Finland or Sweden's greatest security threats are likely to be coming from now that the Soviet Union is no longer seen in that role?

My guess is that most people see terrorism and insurgencies as greater threats than invasion and as such you don't need a huge military to defend yourself against a few hundred suicidal nutjobs just an effective police force, as such the military of today is a much smaller better trained force that can be enlarged should the need arise.

Sweden and politics like one KD leader says that's with first force would be 30000 soldiers with 15-20 brigade but that's are not true. Sweden need 13000 soldiers and the national guards is history.

That with reserve force will been 60988 soldiers.

They willing to war with Finland in attack but they never attack's today and maybe in future because Finland have bigger forces in reserve to.

But 2015 and forward the new reserve warriors in eastern Finland so we can have first personnal if Sweden attack's later if they will to attack my motherland.

EDIT.

New strengh in personnal maybe be 6000 in home guards. More effectivy in war zone in Southern Sweden if I believe right now.

Then 4000 will be officiers i home guards. Ten Tousand totally.

I'm not sure if first active personnal will been. But they willing 6500-9500 the swedes will so in warrior treath in Flashback(swedish biggest forums after Facebook).

-- --

Nice with military of world's in this forum. It's good in world's strenght.

Last edited:
It's 500 troops in Karlskrona in future to.

Marines there are 2 submarines and 2 or 4 corvetter. Maybe 2 between 2015-20 or after year 2020 when troops in Southern Sweden are smaller.

5000 man in Air Force im belief. Then maybe 8000 in Army. Then others are Home Guards in this 18500 size of troops in under plans about highly of officers. But that are one more when Navy take away and Air Force personnal are 4650 man and Army 9500 in personnal. Only Army and Air Force in Sweden next year is planned in Swedish Armed Forces. Like Serbien and Switzerland no Navy in Army Group.

I have pass so I can live here under no press. My parents are from Finland but I can only swedish word's. Little english to specially in forums there I can se better. It's like home work in teenage older. I'm 27 old now. Four times in first five day in week of socialy work. No examen. My money is 1000 Euro in month. It's better than nothing.

Last edited:
Back