REF: US Forces

BlackBear

In ref to the US forces,

when one first joins what is length of services,

is service compulsory or is it voluntary

How long is rookie training

Thanks
Ex Scots Guards

well technically it's 4 active duty years, and you still have another 4 reserve years. it's 13 weeks for army basic and MOS training will take longer depending on your MOS.

Lil Hulk 1988 said:
03USMC said:
Marine Corps
4 years
Voluntary
Recuirt Training I believe is still 12 weeks.

You forgot that there is a required 4 years of inactive reserve.....

Reenlist and you won't have to worry about those 4 IRR YEARS :lol:

egoz said:
well technically it's 4 active duty years, and you still have another 4 reserve years. it's 13 weeks for army basic and MOS training will take longer depending on your MOS.

It is not the reserves as most know them .. your name stays on the "call list" but you live as a civilian with no requirements unless called up.

Army BCT (basic combat training) is 9 weeks, not 13.

As 03 and Hulk said, USMC boot camp is 12 weeks.

Navy recruit training is 8 weeks with what is called P-week (Processing week) at the beginning, bringing the total to 9 weeks.

Air Force BMT (Basic Military Training) is 6 weeks

Coast Guard boot camp is 8 weeks.

Four years is the standard .. but there are 2, 3, 4 and 6 year enlistment options avaliable depending on the branch and what contracts they are offering.

RnderSafe said:
egoz said:

It is not the reserves as most know them .. your name stays on the "call list" but you live as a civilian with no requirements unless called up.

Army BCT (basic combat training) is 9 weeks, not 13.

As 03 and Hulk said, USMC boot camp is 12 weeks.

Navy recruit training is 8 weeks with what is called P-week (Processing week) at the beginning, bringing the total to 9 weeks.

Air Force BMT (Basic Military Training) is 6 weeks

Coast Guard boot camp is 8 weeks.

Four years is the standard .. but there are 2, 3, 4 and 6 year enlistment options avaliable depending on the branch and what contracts they are offering.

ouch, i better talk to my recruiter again about those basic training numbers, i swear he told me 13.

Back