Reenlistment Code 5

stechschritt

About 3 years ago I was ELS discharged from Air Force basic training. I am currently considering reenlistment however my reenlistment eligibility code is a 5L which the recruiters I have been talking to have never heard of before. He says that since its a weird code that the chances that I'll be let back in are pretty slim but I would like to get some real information regarding this code. Google searches don't turn up any reliable information.

Usually you see Failure to adapt or medical issues (injury) for separations during Basic. Didn't know ELS.

Unless you were discharged for something serious, if necessary, you should be able to get a waiver. Do you want to enlist in the AF again?

Some helpful information

In that case, the recruiter you talk to should be able to get a copy of your DD214. You might want to consider getting a copy of your OMPF (Official Military Personnel File) you can request them using a SF-180.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/get-service-records.html

If you get a copy of your OMPF and take it to the recruiter, it might shed some light on the 5 code.

Make sure you request a copy of your DD214. The recruiter should be able to get a copy of your 214 pretty quick.

Hope this helps.

BTW, what were you looking to do in the Army?

Back