Redneck

Redneck

Howdy, I am a 22 year old Army ROTC MSIV Cadet commissioning June2005 as a Butter Bar on an Active Duty contract (hopefully in Armor or Infantry, unfortunately my career is a bit out of my hands as far as that goes :lol: ). Not that it means much at this point, but I am the S4 (Battalion Supply Officer) here and teach classes on combat first aid, marksmanship, weapons maintanence, land navigation, and whatever else nobody else is dumb enough to get suckered into doing :lol: . I am currently studying History and Biology at the University of California Santa Barbara. If you're wondering about the name, I'm a bona fide hick, grew up on a working cattle ranch and still have all kinds of redneck fun in my free time, including being a DAV wildland firefighter.

You seem to be a bit late, but... meh. Welcome, I guess. Heh.

I had a lot of problems with Land Nav... but I passed it, so I guess I could manage... Oh, and which particular field do you really want to be in more, armor or infantry? (Although, I suppose ya could take the best of both worlds and be a Cav Scout... or is that considered armor? I was never sure of that...)

lol :lol: Because it's easier for him to post one thing then to keep posting if people ask him a little bit about his background ;) oh and he's a MOD :shock:

Nero said:
Cav Scout

:lol: Actually my plan is after spending a year in an ACR to become a 19C (Armored Cav Scout Leader). The way it works in ROTC-land is we rank all of the possible branches in order of how much we want them (our contracts have that wonderful phrase "for the good of the service" in them :lol: ), and based on the needs of the Army and our OML (Order of Merit List) ranking, we are assigned a branch. My first choice is Armor (19 series), second is Infantry (11 series) and third is Military Police (95 series). We are only allowed two CA branches in our top three choices.

My intro being late, I did one when I first came to the forum, but it's buried way back in the closet somewhere now :lol: .

Darkmb101 said:
Nice to know you a little better Redneck, however, why is this one stickied? ;)

782.matt said:
lol :lol: Because it's easier for him to post one thing then to keep posting if people ask him a little bit about his background ;) oh and he's a MOD :shock:

;) :lol:

Heh, wanna be a bullet sponge eh? ;)

Seriously though, I hope ya get it, if I didn't have asthma, and knew what I know now, I probably would've been a Cav Scout.

I feel for you, my brother got rejected by the Air Force Academy after completing all requirements because he had infantile asthma, then got rejected by the Army even after scoring 300+ on the APFT. Now he's a professional firefighter....... :?

Thank you for the well wishes.

Welcome, I think you'll like it here... Just out for that moderator with the cowboy avatar! :lol:

Well, gee, you all seem like real nice folks and all, but I'm a pretty shy guy, you probably won't hear much from me....

Well another one joins the ranks of the recently introduced or reintroduced. Good luck with your military plans. The only thing I see wrong there is you put the Armor before the Infantry. Didn't the Germans try that in WWII? ;) Anyway I wish you all the best.

:lol:
I have this medical condition that the doctor told me was called "laziness" or something, and one of the symptoms is a strong aversion to walking, I heard you have to do some of that in the Infantry.

Just kidding. :lol:

Thank you for the well wishes.

Redneck, a related term, describes a bigoted rural Southerner. According to southern comedian Jeff Foxworthy, you might be a redneck if you have more tattoos than teeth, shave your legs with your husband's fishing knife, have a Jack Daniel's poster in your living room, answer the door carrying a shotgun, and have at least once thoughtfully placed a six-pack of beer into your friend’s casket before he was buried. While rednecks are not identical to trailer trash, it is entirely possible to belong to both groups at the same time.

Italian Guy said:
Redneck, a related term, describes a bigoted rural Southerner. According to southern comedian Jeff Foxworthy, you might be a redneck if you have more tattoos than teeth, shave your legs with your husband's fishing knife, have a Jack Daniel's poster in your living room, answer the door carrying a shotgun, and have at least once thoughtfully placed a six-pack of beer into your friend’s casket before he was buried. While rednecks are not identical to trailer trash, it is entirely possible to belong to both groups at the same time.

Let's hope Redneck slept well and is in a good mood when he reads this... :shock: (And not armed... ;) )

Rednecks are nothing like trailer trash, chief, whatever the internet may have told you. If you want the entomology of the word, it comes from farmers/ranchers who spend all day working in the fields and as a result have sunburned (red) necks. In my book that's more a sign of being a dedicated, hardworking, honest individual than a subject for ridicule. As far as being bigoted, I know I am not, and in fact I never heard the "n" word a single time (outside of Tom Sawyer) in my own little backwards, podunk, hick town, but can't spend a day without hearing it down in the enlightened world of Santa Barbara. Jeff is a funny guy, but his jokes aren't meant to be taken any more seriously than Chris Rock's or Dave Chappelle's are about black people.

Sorry, I didn't sleep well and I'm not in a good mood (and actually I WAS armed earlier this morning ;) :lol: ).

Back