Redneck

:lol: Thank you all.

Well, Top, I just got out of Southern California (back on the ranch now for a few weeks), so I'm fresh from the "it's my parents' fault" or "it's society's fault" world, I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the blame for anything yet. :lol:

I must say this is the longest welcome to the forums thread i have ever seen. that being said, Welcome to the forums as late as I am...

C/sergeant_henderson said:
I must say this is the longest welcome to the forums thread i have ever seen. that being said, Welcome to the forums as late as I am...

:lol: Well thank you kindly, I think I may stick around for awhile.

Just a little update for all y'all, I graduate FAOBC on Wednesday, start Bradley Commanders' Course on Thursday, and then Airborne school on 12MAY, I'm trying to spend my entire military career in the schoolhouse. Hopefully I'll be spending some more time around the forums again now, hope y'all didn't go off and miss me too much.

Congratulations, on FAOBC, and good luck in the next school. To prep for Airborne, just run and then run some more, and then just when you think your'e pooped out, run another two or three miles.

And Artillery in the Cav is somewhere in the middle, right?:horsie:

Thanks for the welcome, Chief, I think I might hang around for awhile.:lol:

mmarsh said:
3. For us ignorant Civies, what is FAOBC?

Field Artillery Officer Basic Course, basically basic training for new Field Arty officers. They learn the meat and potatoes of their job.

I'm not long on the forum, so haven't seen much of you Redneck, but congrats on FAOBC. Good luck El-tee!

Last edited:
Thanks, Tea ess gee tee and mmarsh.:-D

FAOBC (Field Artillery Officer Basic Course) is a five and a half month course at Ft Sill, OK, where newly minted butter bars become Redlegs and learn who creates the thunder.

Back