Redleg!!! I have a question!!!

Sevens

Forum Dominatrix
Okay here's the deal. A few weeks ago, my computer crashed. My friend and cousin got it all fixed up and updated everything for me. Yay!! BUT!!! Ever since then (about two weeks ago) sometimes when I post, I get a message that says there's a security token missing and it won't let me post. Usually if I just wait a few seconds and hit post again, it lets me post, but a few times I had to log off the site and log back in again. It keeps telling me to alert the administrator if this keeps happening. So I'm alerting you....and asking you what's that mean!?!?! I was also wondering if anyone else was having this problem or if I'm just special.

Thank you! :)

Sevens

I researched your trouble a bit, it seems to be related to VBULLETIN (the software that runs the Forum) itself and specifically the templates part. Therefore, It doesn't sound like anything wrong on your PC or browser. I couldnt find any local settings in the browsers that might help. I am at a loss to explain why it effects only you and not the others and why now and not before. There are probably some clues in the server logs but thats where my expertise stops.

Anyway, I would drop a PM immediately to Redleg.

Thanks for the help, mmarsh and tomtom!!! Its REALLY becoming VERY annoying, but I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it. Either that or stop posting. :crybaby:

Have you disabled cookies from this forum??
The "Security token" is a vBulletin security feature by the way, but all templates are updated so it looks like it's your browser that is messing things up. :smil:

Have you disabled cookies from this forum??
The "Security token" is a vBulletin security feature by the way, but all templates are updated so it looks like it's your browser that is messing things up. :smil:

Actually Redleg, TomTom22 reported having a similar issue. Also Sevens said this was a new install, so I don't think that's possible unless she purposely disabled the cookies (which I assume she didnt do -right Sevens???).

Actually Redleg, TomTom22 reported having a similar issue. Also Sevens said this was a new install, so I don't think that's possible unless she purposely disabled the cookies (which I assume she didnt do -right Sevens???).

It is really strange since if some code is missing from templates all would have got that warning, and not just a few...

What browser and version are you using Sevens?

www.getfirefox.com :D

No, I didn't disable the cookies. At least I don't think I did.....

And my computer won't support Firefox. That's one of the reasons it crashed, because we tried to put FF on it. Apparently, according to those "in the know" about PC's, my computer is "too old" for Firefox. I have Explorer.....7, I think? I don't even know. I'd have to ask the guy who fixed and updated everything to be sure. *shrug* I know next to nothing about computers. I'm just happy if the thing doesn't explode when I turn it on. LOL

. Apparently, according to those "in the know" about PC's, my computer is "too old" for Firefox. I have Explorer.....7, I think? I don't even know.
If your computer can run Internet Explorer 7 then it can run Firefox as well, that I'm 100% sure of.. ;)

you can go here to check your IE version:
www.spyber.com

It looks like it may be IE that is causing the problems because I can't find any template errors at all here...
Does it happen all the time, or just from time to time or in any specific areas of the forum?

I can't run Firefox. It crashes my computer. So I must not have 7 then. I'll have to find out. Someone suggested that the reason I can't use Firefox is because we only have dial-up out here in the middle of nowhere, but I have no clue.

I don't get that message all the time, just every 5-10 posts or so. And its not in any specific area. Its happened on a several different threads. And, oh lucky me, as of last night, I now have to hit refresh every page I go to on here. Every thread, every forum, every topic. I have to hit refresh every single time otherwise it only shows the posts that were from the last time I was logged in. And it never shows my own posts until a couple of minutes have passed. This is getting frustrating!!! :(

Also all the pictures are really pixalated now, but that's on every site I visit when I'm online, so I know that has nothing to do with this particular site, but if anyone has any idea why that might've happened all of a sudden (yesterday is when it started doing that), let me know! LOL

I know when they (my cousin and friend) fixed it, they updated everything and made sure all the drivers, etc. that this thing needed to run like new were loaded and working properly. I can't imagine something would go wrong only a couple weeks after they got it all fixed up for me. But then, like I said, I know next to nothing about computers. :(

I can't run Firefox. It crashes my computer. So I must not have 7 then. I'll have to find out. Someone suggested that the reason I can't use Firefox is because we only have dial-up out here in the middle of nowhere, but I have no clue.

I don't get that message all the time, just every 5-10 posts or so. And its not in any specific area. Its happened on a several different threads. And, oh lucky me, as of last night, I now have to hit refresh every page I go to on here. Every thread, every forum, every topic. I have to hit refresh every single time otherwise it only shows the posts that were from the last time I was logged in. And it never shows my own posts until a couple of minutes have passed. This is getting frustrating!!! :(

Also all the pictures are really pixalated now, but that's on every site I visit when I'm online, so I know that has nothing to do with this particular site, but if anyone has any idea why that might've happened all of a sudden (yesterday is when it started doing that), let me know! LOL

I know when they (my cousin and friend) fixed it, they updated everything and made sure all the drivers, etc. that this thing needed to run like new were loaded and working properly. I can't imagine something would go wrong only a couple weeks after they got it all fixed up for me. But then, like I said, I know next to nothing about computers. :(

Firefox really isn't that resource intensive. An old PC should be perfectly OK.

I have lots of experience with windows crashes and if FF was crashing your PC it was probably due to a conflict within Windows -not FF itself. Firefox is a relatively stable program.

Since you have done a fresh install I would urge you to try it again. But just to be sure can you tell me what your PC is, either the Make/Model or components.

FF 3.0.7 requires this. These are very minimum requirements even for an old PC. The specs below was standard for computers 10 years ago. Therefore if your PC less less than 12 years old, it should run.

• Windows 2000
  • Windows XP
  • Windows Server 2003
  • Windows Vista
Minimum Hardware

• Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
  • 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
  • 52 MB hard drive space

Back