Redleg, you got that BF server yet?

Nope.. :)

Wasn't many replies after I started that topic, so I didn't do anything more about it then...
It costs quite a lot to start a server like that.

Yes I know it costs...don't get me the wrong way I wasn't trying to direct you in a purchase so that I could play....was just wondering if anything happened since then.
Besides, I think there's plenty of interest from the forum members (at least that's my impression).
Maybe we can all contribute a little something?

I didn't think you were begging (much) for a free server.. ;)

But I'll look into it again, and if there's interest enough I should be able to find a BF server.. :)

my uncle does thoughs :D he makes people pay for them...SO that means like Battle Field Servers....or what kind of game servers?

Lol it could be especially for the people from the forum here that moderate it too :D

But darn it costs a lot. Ahh in a few years technology will advance even further and maybe servers will be much cheaper.

EagleStrike said:
Lol it could be especially for the people from the forum here that moderate it too :D

But darn it costs a lot. Ahh in a few years technology will advance even further and maybe servers will be much cheaper.

It should be possible to get it at a reasonable price, especially if I offer them some free ad space on the site..
I believe that if they could show their product to 10-12,000 visitors pr day for free, then we should be able reduce the server price a bit.. :)

I'll try to look into it this weekend.

It depends on several factors..

The server speed/connection, but most important (and costly) part is number of slots (connections) allowed, and if they are public or private...

Redleg said:
It depends on several factors..

The server speed/connection, but most important (and costly) part is number of slots (connections) allowed, and if they are public or private...

aargh...I was looking for numbers :roll:

I'd say that for a start 32 slots is a decent number...plus I actually don't know what's cheaper-private or public (logic says public but dunno :? )

From what I've seen it's from $6-$9 pr slot/month, and private slots are cheaper than public ones.
The reason is that public ones can be full 24/7, but pivate slots will only be in use when members with passwords are online, so the server load will be smaller.

And I agree that 24-32 is a decent number.

Just a suggestion, but private sounds best. Easy to keep it to members here only if that's your wish. I'd certainly want to join in although I have no idea how long I'd be able to play before I would be unavailable due to military service.

I've sent mails to a few game server providers now, asking if they could be interested in trading advertising space for BF942 game slots.. :)

You guys are forgetting the most important thing, location. Not everyone is going to ping well but if I do I'll buy BF. :)

Back