Redleg, you got that BF server yet? - Page 2

--

February 17th, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleStrike
Lol it could be especially for the people from the forum here that moderate it too

But darn it costs a lot. Ahh in a few years technology will advance even further and maybe servers will be much cheaper.
It should be possible to get it at a reasonable price, especially if I offer them some free ad space on the site..
I believe that if they could show their product to 10-12,000 visitors pr day for free, then we should be able reduce the server price a bit..

I'll try to look into it this weekend.
February 17th, 2005  
rOk

What's the total estimated cost?
February 17th, 2005  
Redleg

It depends on several factors..

The server speed/connection, but most important (and costly) part is number of slots (connections) allowed, and if they are public or private...
--
February 18th, 2005  
rOk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
It depends on several factors..

The server speed/connection, but most important (and costly) part is number of slots (connections) allowed, and if they are public or private...
aargh...I was looking for numbers

I'd say that for a start 32 slots is a decent number...plus I actually don't know what's cheaper-private or public (logic says public but dunno )
February 18th, 2005  
Redleg

From what I've seen it's from $6-$9 pr slot/month, and private slots are cheaper than public ones.
The reason is that public ones can be full 24/7, but pivate slots will only be in use when members with passwords are online, so the server load will be smaller.

And I agree that 24-32 is a decent number.
February 18th, 2005  
Charge 7

Just a suggestion, but private sounds best. Easy to keep it to members here only if that's your wish. I'd certainly want to join in although I have no idea how long I'd be able to play before I would be unavailable due to military service.
February 18th, 2005  
Redleg

I've sent mails to a few game server providers now, asking if they could be interested in trading advertising space for BF942 game slots..
February 19th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Cool redleg keep us posted BTW does bf1942 have a friends list?
February 19th, 2005  
Big_Z

You guys are forgetting the most important thing, location. Not everyone is going to ping well but if I do I'll buy BF.
February 19th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Ahh your right. He's in Norway isn't he.