Red Tails

George

Advertising out for the soon to be released "Red Tails" about the Tuskegee Airmen. Special Effects apparently by Lucasfilms, in the in-theatre previews it looks like in may have some fine, though computer generated, combat scenes.

Advertising out for the soon to be released "Red Tails" about the Tuskegee Airmen. Special Effects apparently by Lucasfilms, in the in-theatre previews it looks like in may have some fine, though computer generated, combat scenes.

Saw the trailer over on IMDB.
Looks very impressive, the CGI dog fights are very intense and full on, just hope the story line and acting are of the same standard.

Yeah, George Lucas did this one.

Since he refuses to do another STAR WARS film I hope this is worth it.

Is this going to shed much more light on the story than has already been done in the 'Tuskegee Airmen' movie of some time ago????

from the website www.goodwearleather.com this :

Red Tails

In 2008, Good Wear Leather was invited to produce a number of A-2 jackets for the movie Red Tails. We completed 18 jackets in early 2009, and after a long wait wondering how the movie was progressing, the official trailer has been released. We are excited!

» Red Tails — The Official Trailer
» Red Tails on Facebook

We made the jackets for these characters:

Marty 'Easy' Julian (Nate Parker)
Leon 'Neon' Edwards (Kevin Phillips)
Maurice 'Bumps' Wilson (Michael B. Jordan)
Joe 'Lightning' Little (David Oyelowo)
Ray 'Ray Gun' Gannon (Tristan Wilds)
Walter 'Winky' Hall (Leslie Odom Jr.)
Samuel 'Suicide' George (Elijah Kelley)
David 'Deke' Watkins (Marcus T. Paulk)
Andrew 'Smoky' Salem (Ne-Yo)

Several well-known reproduction companies were invited to make various jackets for the film, so we are one of a number of companies that will have their goods shown on the silver screen. We can say that the costume designer took her job very seriously, and made every effort to reproduce what the Tuskegee Airmen were wearing during their combat tour in Italy.

More Red Tails flight jackets here.

more trailers and clips here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgrhbdeXW_E&hd=1"]Red Tails Movie Clip #1 - Train Attack (2012) HD[/ame]

Battlescenes pretty impressive.

I am looking forward to the film's premiere on Jan. twentieth. The trailer I have scene has a CGI segment that also appears to have a segment from the History Channel's program, "The Tuskegee Airmen". I have not heard of the part Cuba Goodings Jr. plays in Red Tails, he was also in the movie "Tuskegee Airmen"! (The only actor to play in both movies.)
I am 'just' little bias, my adopted father Lt. Stanley Harris was a Tuskegee Airmen!

NBC Nightly News's "take" is that it's a black action film where ALL the white guys are the bad guys.

Back