Red Orchestra

No, but there is a free 5 day trial being offered.

I heard its a very serious FPS, UBER-realistic. In other words dont be surprised if yout Soviet PKS anti-rifle doesnt actually destroy tanks.

lol, it doesnt.. tanks? they wont be destroyed with the russian anti tank rifle.. well atleast the ones I tried.. But it does wreck other light armoured vehicle.
And yeah I got that free trial heh.. I would like to get it. Problem is there are no American or British units.

At the end its pretty realistic. Try it and see 8) No crosshairs too. And you got to choose a Tank Crew in order to drive a tank. It would be the finest game only if they added pilots and planes. Would be a wow

The only funny things is the soldiers and how they move. Not very realistic lol..

Sound is pretty good too though

Haha i got the free trial and was a gunner on the tank. Lined up a german tank on the map Arad. Made sure the round was AP, aimed a little high, fired, watched it follow the ark right into the panzer.... and it bounced off.

Me = angry.

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Red Orchestra: Ostfront

It's about the Eastern front. It's about Soviets versus Germans. That's the point of the game. I play...a lot.

It is pretty realistic. If you don't hit a tank in a weak point, you very likely won't get a kill out of it. With experience, you'll learn where to shoot tanks to increase your chance of a one-hit kill. If you hit one of the heavily armored places such as the turret or glacis plate, you won't get kills. The only exception is if you're using something like an IS2 against a Panzer III or IV.

Other realistic features that aren't mentioned are such things as the lack of a crosshair and the recoil of the firearms.

The PTRD is capable of damaging tanks...eventually. Really the only place they are vulnerable is the engine. You won't typically get the tank to brew up, but you can disable it.

I enjoy the game not simply because of the realism, but because of the fact that the level or realism drives away most of the leets. We end up with a substantially more mature community as compared to such games as DoD or CS.

If any of you are interested I'm a member of Right to Rebel. Look for our <RTR> tag on our servers. We keep them pretty damn clear of team killers and other such idiots. You can also check us out at http://righttorebel.net.
[/FONT]

hey, whats your average load time. Mine was like 5 minutes thats the one reason i didnt play a lot. The load times were just outrageous.

Rabs said:
hey, whats your average load time. Mine was like 5 minutes thats the one reason i didnt play a lot. The load times were just outrageous.

Same here and when it would finally load it would act kind of funny then freeze up. :bang:

well for maps that are already there, it would take me no more than maybe 1-2 mins.. but ofcource new maps would have to wait.

Its a pretty good game as can be seen. Just needs to make the soldiers movement more realistic, and include more nations. Who agrees? :)

I've must say that this game is really cool !!! Tomorrow i will go to the shop and buy it. It's amazing that such a good game here in Poland costs only 29.90 PLN (10$) - both English & Polish version.

Ps: Load time mainly depends on how many RAM you have installed in your computer.
I have 1024 MB RAM and the game loads pretty quick.

Ps: Load time mainly depends on how many RAM you have installed in your computer.
I have 1024 MB RAM and the game loads pretty quick.
Maybe its time to pump up my 512 a little.

[FONT=verdana,geneva]
I enjoy the game not simply because of the realism, but because of the fact that the level or realism drives away most of the leets. We end up with a substantially more mature community as compared to such games as DoD or CS.

You mean no "rofl you just got owned nub" remarks. That just takes the fun out of the game. :)
[/FONT]

Last edited:
lol, i got 1gb of ram.

really great stories to say lol.

One time I was a Russian machine gunner at a map called "Kaukasus". We were lossing and the only location we had was called "the courtyard", we lost all the others. There was is a wall and the wall on the corner was broken. So I went up the wall and made my way to the corner, and went prone. Placed my machine gun. Protected the place until the tide turned and victory favoured us 8) Well done, Me.

MightyMacbeth I've wrote that load times mainly depends on how many RAM you have installed on your PC but of course the rest of the hardware is important too eg RAM on your graphics card.

BTW: Thanks to you I've discovered this great game mate :cheers:

lol, well maybe old people play more, "maturely" :)

And you are most welcomed Venom PL. Hopefully we will benefit from each other 8)

Back