Recruiting (CAP) - Page 2

--

November 13th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

that helps, but what if they donot have kids or they are too old?
November 14th, 2004  
Trevor

I don't see why you couldn't do it. I was allowed to do some recruiting for my squadron over the P.A. at school during the morning announcements.
November 14th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

thats what we are going to start in 2 weeks
--
November 14th, 2004  
alliehz

My SQ has gotten a lot of people through things like going to schools, helping at airshows, etc. We even have this thing ever year for the 4th of july. We run the parking lots and stuff....we seem to get a lot of people through that.

I think it helps that we are on a AFB.....
November 14th, 2004  
Trevor

What AFB are you on?
November 14th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

it does not really matter where you are aslong as you make a good first impression
November 14th, 2004  
alliehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by drilldownmaster2004
it does not really matter where you are aslong as you make a good first impression
True. But one of the facts that catch a lot of peoples eye is seeing us on a base, or just out side of one. A lot of people come up to us and ask if we are in the AF and stationed at Travis, that then gets us in conversation etc. And when we are walking around the base AF personel ask us how to get their kids into our program, or even themselves. I understand this can happen anywhere, but hey, you have to admit it helps.

EDIT: I'm on Travis AFB in NorCal
November 14th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

We meet on the Great Lakes Navy Base and we don't really get that many people coming in because of it
November 14th, 2004  
alliehz

The AFB out here is very suportive. I guess it matters where you live.
November 14th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliehz
The AFB out here is very suportive. I guess it matters where you live.
Guess it does