A recruiter came over to my home.. is this common?

JulesLee

well.. I recently tooked the ASVAB and got a score of 81.. o__o;;

well they said they were going to call and you can say yes or no thanks..

well today the Army Recruiter guy came over where I live.. handed me a little Army bag and like asked me if I had interest in joining..
I was like... uhh.. yea.. and XD I was like.. I thought they were supposed to call beforehand (didnt ask him that lol) cuz it was all of a surprize.. :s lol.. is this because enlist rate is all time low and they are really desperate and he gets paid when I join?

well if I was to join, Id go into Marines or the Chair Force.. :s
I wouldnt want to enlist as I wouldnt get far with it..
I would like to go officer though..

Recruiters are NOT supposed to come to your home without first calling. It DOES NOT make any difference the service they are with, it is supposed to be the same for all of them. One of the most recent things to upset some communities is having a recruiter show up at Senior High Schools and talking to students without first having it cleared through parents.

Visited your "site" - pretty impressive stats. Is that a real pic of you in upper left corner or an avatar? If you then ... you look ..... unhhh.. competent. heeheehee

oh ic.. my sister said someone called yesterday.. and my sister told him that I was at KFC (mm I was getting some chicken :) ) and he said darn it in a girlish voice and she laffed at him.. My sister is weird emo lover thing..

so yea I guess.. thats what happened.. very weird..
and I didnt play BF2 for like a month lol! Tried playing but lagged too much and I dont see any pictures o__o;

recruiters come to my school all the time and everymonth they meet at the library/career center and sometimes out in campus randomly talking to students.. joining the armed forces is not a bad thing but it makes it look bad by having all these recruiters.. they should just get the people who wants to join and I felt a bit of pressure when the Army guy came..
(I want to spend my soldier days in korea if I were to join since im korean and I can speak it well and I heard its party there 24/7 lolol)

Another sign of my impending walker and geritol addiction... I don't understand half of what you're on about.
:shock:

heh...I know the pain. I got an 88...highest of all of us that took it this year andshowed my LTC. He started talkin about how i was gonna be swimmin in recruiter calls soon..and he was right...

I've more or less told them to all shove off, including the few that came to the door....Ive another LTC in meh school who subs around for all classes. He's setting me up to go to VA tech...so I don't need to have a recruiter.

are some of em that desprate for PFC rank I suppose?

o__o my recruiter was a Staff Sergeant of the Army...

I guess they get paid for getting people in? X_o

Back