Recruit training stories

Yeah, man. Spill the beans. When I do my Basic, I'll probably have loads of stories to tell.

Okay :oops: , Ill start by saying that my boot camp was screwed up in sooo many ways. The adult staff had a fight with the CO and were fired, so they left the camp and didnt come back till about 2:00 in the morning, I was on watch at that time, and had been told to wake up the MAA's at the first sighting of them. Well they came and started yelling for someone to open the gate, but I could see from the way they carried on that they were undoubtedly drunk, so I woke up the MAA who'se name was Keck, a big, tall guy, 'bout 6'7". He got out to the gate along with some of the other cadet staff, just in time to prevent the drunk reservists from ramming into the gate. Alot of yelling and cursing went on before the police were finnally called and the reservists forced to leave the gate although they were not arrested *grinds teeth in annoyance* The next day they were sober and had the mental powers to think up a plan of revenge. There was a rule at Camp Maxy( the name of "camp screwed up") that if a certain number of cadets were sent home, the camp had to be closed. The reservists, who were all from Lubbock, knew of several cadets from Lubbock who were at my boot camp, all females. They decided to call the girls' parents and tell them that the camp had to be shut down. the parents drove all the way up from lubbock(a drive that took about 8 or 9 hours) and, without asking any questions, took their cadets all the way back to lubbock. How the h**l the reservists pulled the stunt off, ill never know, but that totally changed the course of that camp and really turned it into a cupcake as there were only 3 adult staffers and 8 cadet staffers left. :cen:

That's pretty good. I've got one that happened to a good friend of mine (Andy) who just did his Basic Officers Training last summer:

It was around the middle of the course and the platoon was on an exercise. The time was roughly 0100hrs, and obviously everyone was 'asleep' (You never truly sleep in the field) in their hoochies. The Warrant Officer in decided to simulate an Artillery Strike. He threw the Arty Sim, but didn't really pay attention to where he threw it. It landed right beside Andy's hoochie (2 feet, actually). Andy heard the "thud" and then the whistle. He jumped grabbed his helmet and covered his head with it. After the 'explosion', all you could hear was Andy yelling 'F***!'. He put his webbing on, loaded his C7 and put on his helmet and then tore off the hoochie. He stood up (completely naked, with the exception of the items listed), and emptied the mag. The Warrant thought that he killed him, the Master Corporal was wide eyed, and the Sergeant said 'Tabernack, Rector. It seems that you're awake.'.

After he told me this story, I was on the ground laughing for a good 5 minutes.

That one rocks!!!

Ive got a story about my Seebees training this summer, in Gulfport Mississippi.It was the second week of training, and the final night of the FECS, we were setting up the communisations wires. We had a guy by the name of Medford, a complete :cen: kissing, licking moron with no shame, who had somehow managed to get himself on the communication team, the support team and the REAC team. Unfortunately for our small group of sixteen cadets, he wasnt competant in any of the 3 positions. The communications team was in charge of laying the comm wires and setting up the switchboard and sound-powered telephones. The support team was in charge of getting any supplies required to defend our position effectively sort of a joke as we were aremed with the deadly pine-cone grenades and rubber duckies . there was a female cadet of far more competence who was beeing held in reserve because of the fact that he had bragged and begged for the job(actully he did so for all three jobs :lol: ). The 'intruders' started arriving around 2100 hours and he immeadiatly over reacted and started yelling at the visitors, 2 females and a male, the females started to cry and the guy was plenty PO'd, Medford got mad and took the male visitor down, The wrong way, a bomb went off on the man and medford, along with 3 other cadets, were 'killed' from there, Medford kept to the REAC team. But he just didnt learn his lesson(in fact he probably NEVER did :roll: ). As he and his REAC team(wich he led) were patrolling the grounds around the CO's tent,an argument arose as to the method in which the patrol was to be conducted, Medford thought that the system(in use by the actual CB's for years) was inneffective, and believed he knew a better way, during this "discussion", the enemy attacked and killed the CO, and then killed the REAC team, who were completly oblivious to the happenings. We didnt know what happened till far to late to do anything about it. Needless to say, Medford was removed from his position and sent to the front. :p

Just goes to show how dumb some people really can be. We've got a few like that here. I can't wait to see them on BOTC.

BOTC stands for Basic Officer Training Course. It's a 2 month (roughly) course that ALL Regular and Reserve Force Officers do, regardless of what element they're in.

Cadet Leadership Academy in Admiral Farraguts in St. Pete Florida is a mini boot camp but is so much fun, my DI called me Lunchbox cuz i was fat and my friend Wells was called Mr. Scratchit because for muster we were standing at attention and the DI walks off and Wells scratches his nose and the DI must have seen it and starts to yell "Hey, Mr Scratchit! You jus gotta scratch don't ya Mister Sturrup? Scratch Scratch Scratch?"
And i called my Master Sergeant a Gunney Sarge and my arse got blasted! It was very profane (MSgt Torres, Ill never forget him!)

Ill never forget petty officer Eaton! I hated her guts like no other. When i shaved my head she made me spin around in circles like a light hous until her "ships" came in(which sometimes "sank"). :2guns: :9mm: :m16shoot: R.I.P.

Back