Reclassing

thebrahmagr81

I still have the same question I had a year ago and no one has really been able to give me a clear cut answer. So I will see if anyone in here knows. I know there are certain requirements to reclass. One has to do with the Milper In and Out calls. Right now my MOS is yes/no. What that means is they are accpeting people into the MOS, but they are not letting people out. Are there any exceptions to the rule. I want to reclass to 25B they are accepting, just like mine. But since 63B (which is my MOS) had a No Out, to me that means they will not let me out of it.

So my other option is to go Warrant Officer. I would want to go 251A which is Information System Technician.

One of the requirements is to be and E-5 (which is waiverable).

They want four years of documented practical experience in information systems administration, Local Area Network (LAN) Administration and/or Information Assurance.

I am working on a degree in Computer Science and before I went Active Duty I worked for Gateway as a technician and a salesman. So in otherwords I do not have near four years of experience and I am about half way to a bachelors degree. Of course I do not have any computer military experience because I could not change my MOS when I came active.

I have the college requirements that they call for. So I have everything but the practical experience. So my plan was to change to 25B so I could gain the practical experience then when the time came I would not need any waivers because I would meet all the requirements.

As anyone been in the same situation. Does anyone know what to do or have any adivce?? Thanks in advance

Well, you have a couple of options. One of the easiest ways is to ETS and get out... wait a while and come back in with the MOS you desire. I know that 63B is a tough MOS to get out of, but that is an option. The other is to apply for Green to Gold. There are a lot more opportunities these days by going that way. Also, if you ETS, you could also go to a university to join ROTC. Becoming a Signal Officer will give you big time dividends when you finally get out of the military. More so than an enlisted guy. Give is some thought. If you have any questions, let me know, I have done a lot of recruiting for ROTC.

Back