RECESSION.

It is here now- Recession in Europe, and especially in Britain, which has suffered under 10 years of Gordon Brown's dire chancellorship.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...K-economy-year-warns-European-Commission.html#

I'd be careful about separating UK and Europe as they are not generally the same in terms of economics. For example your Credit Crisis really is a UK problem, here in France and elsewhere the Credit Crisis doe not exist. The UK economy is more tied to the US economy (especially in Finance), so any misery in the states, the UK will feel as well.

Also, its not fair to saddle that to Gordon Brown. Although I do find him to be a poor PM, these problems began before his assumption of the boss of 10 Downing Street. Finally the UK economic troubles are relatively recent 5-8 years ago the economy was going red hot.

Still its good to know, I have been applying for work in the UK, this might play a factor in my final decision. Might stay in France abit longer until things improve.

Last edited:
mmarsh, he was chancellor of the exchequer IIRC. (and if i spelt it correctly). which means he was in charge of all the moneys etc, and ballsed it all up for us rather nicely.

I'd be careful about separating UK and Europe as they are not generally the same in terms of economics. For example your Credit Crisis really is a UK problem, here in France and elsewhere the Credit Crisis doe not exist. The UK economy is more tied to the US economy (especially in Finance), so any misery in the states, the UK will feel as well.

Are you seperating them or not? I say they are seperate and the condemning assessment of Britain's economy is from the Europe authority.
Of course our credit crisis is a UK problem, and laid directly at the door of Gordon Brown who created it himself and alone as chancellor, controlling the economy for the best part of 10 years in which time he managed to completely destroy the beneficial situation bequeathed to him by Kenneth Clark the last Tory chancellor of the exchequer. We are tied to USA economy no more than any European countries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ quote=mmarsh;452363]
Also, its not fair to saddle that to Gordon Brown. Although I do find him to be a poor PM, these problems began before his assumption of the boss of 10 Downing Street. Finally the UK economic troubles are relatively recent 5-8 years ago the economy was going red hot. [/quote]

Absolutely wrong let me say. Gordon Brown is the culprit alone. He held complete control of our finances for the best part of 10 years preceding his great escape to Prime Minister, trying to leave others to take the can back. The self-proclaimed 'Iron Chancellor' who had destroyed 'boom and bust ' for ever. What a pathetic joke that was. What was 'red hot' were the problems being stored and the explosion to come, from which he has left us undefended.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still its good to know, I have been applying for work in the UK, this might play a factor in my final decision. Might stay in France abit longer until things improve.

If you are in debt recovery you will be coming to the right place. Listen to me; this week 2 immigrants were arrested hidden in the back of a car, being smuggled OUT of Britain because of the economic problems of living here. The car owner and the driver were also arrested and sentenced.:wink:

Back