The Reason I've Stopped Watching NCAA College Basketball

Maybe he's... no, obviously not. Never mind. Lemme just shut up now. :)

So, which number 1 will go down first? Or will they all make it to the final four?

Personally, I see Pitt falling first.

I think it will either be Pitt or UConn. I'm leaning more towards UConn. But if Lawson doesn't stay healthy......No. I won't even think like that.

All four number ones made it through the Sweet 16. Think it'll be a Final Four of number one seeds? I already know what YOU think, Rob. :p

Yeah, I had Memphis in the Elite 8, but not the Final Four. I got 5 of the 8 right. I was pretty proud of myself. :)

SEE!!! It's that predictability that really turns me off from the game! College basketball was always the sport I could count on for upsets... I know USC is gonna win their conference... I KNOW the SEC is gonna dominate, and I KNOW that certain teams will have good seasons all the time in college football... Sure, every once in a while you get an Oregon State or a Stanford... But by and large, the season is pretty readable... But NCAA Basketball... Oh no. You didn't know WHAT was gonna happen... Not this year. :(

SEE!!! It's that predictability that really turns me off from the game! College basketball was always the sport I could count on for upsets... I know USC is gonna win their conference... I KNOW the SEC is gonna dominate, and I KNOW that certain teams will have good seasons all the time in college football... Sure, every once in a while you get an Oregon State or a Stanford... But by and large, the season is pretty readable... But NCAA Basketball... Oh no. You didn't know WHAT was gonna happen... Not this year. :(
Yeah... it's kinda pathetic. Major League Baseball has turned into that too... you must have a payroll of a hundred bazillion dollars to compete every year (i.e. Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs) while everyone else goes in cycles. It was the Royals in the 1980s. It was the Blue Jays, Indians, and Braves in the '90s. It's the White Sox, Phillies, and Diamondbacks now. Why cycles? Because the small market teams can't afford to keep good free agents. It's getting boring.

I didn't watch as much this past season as I normally would, but I watched enough to know who the teams to beat were. :)

But yes, its true. Its getting far too easy to predict who is going to win what. I like seeing teams who consistently put a great team on the floor/field, but it sucks when it gets to the point that you see that UNC is playing Any-Other-Team-But-Duke and you already know who's going to win. It starts to take all the fun out of watching.

Last edited:
Louisville lost! That was big. I wanted them to go on and lose to UNC in the finals! oh well, at least Carolin can still win it all. Villanova's goin down!

Yeah I was quite surprised that Louisville blew it. I figured that UConn and Pitt would be the ones to go down, and it would be UNC and Louisville in the title game. Oh well. It doesn't matter. Carolina is still going to win it all. :D

Back