REAPERS

Hey guys — just posted this in the Welcome thread but think this is where it really belongs so I am double-posting, if that's okay. :)

My name is Jay Thornton. I'm a former USAF satellite comm tech, but have spent the last 8 or so years working as a professional writer, alongside my brother Chris.

So, I'm here to not only pick your brains for research and authenticity (we care VERY much about authenticity in our work), but to let you guys know when we have free promotions on some of our work — especially for the guys and gals in the field/deployed.

You can check out some of the projects we're working on and our credits on our site www.themthorntons.com (we have made most of our headway as professional screenwriters — currently writing a dark serial killer flick for actor Zac Efron), but we recently launched a serialized ebook called REAPERS (which is what we're giving away for free right now and would especially love to get to folks in the field — and in garrison/separated/retired, etc obviously).

REAPERS follows a team of Navy SEAL black-ops equivalents through a dark, harsh fantasy setting. Think GAME OF THRONES meets LONE SURVIVOR. You can download the first installment (three are out so far and we're cranking on new material — expect a new one to drop every two to four weeks) for *FREE* today and tomorrow, and we'll come back to let you know any time free promotions come up.

Here's a link to our Amazon page, where you can download REAPERS: Stave 1 for *free*!

http://www.amazon.com/Thornton-Broth..._athr_dp_pel_1

Hope you enjoy, and please feel free to pass this message and link along to any folks out there in the field. We really do want to help entertain them/you.

Thanks for your time and your service!

Jay (and Chris) Thornton

So I take it you guys are no longer interested in military electronics and communications systems? This is real science and quite amazing as well. Not to knock sci-fi guys I enjoy some of that as well, if done tastefully. So much pulp out there. I must admit I haven't reveiwed your material a bit busy.

Last edited:
Hey, JOC! No, we're definitely still interested in modern military tech, but not for this REAPERS project specifically — it's a dark fantasy setting. More swords and shields type.

But for some of our other projects, we'll definitely be hitting you folks up for anecdotal and expert research!

PS: Later today we'll be doing another free promotion, but for the second installment of REAPERS. So, if you snagged the first one for free last time, you can continue along! Will drop a heads up later in the day when the promotion kicks in. ;)

Back