This is really wrong about CAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
errrr

the only way he could have possiably gotten 1lt is that he was in it when the rule was that you at least had to be 6th grade he was prolly 10 and homeschooled when he joined other than that thats the only way i could evdr see that happening and it wont happen agian b/c of the rules saying that you have to be 12 years old before you can join :cen: er!!!!

Heh, so he's a Lt and a C/CC. Is it really all that bad? I would give the kid the benefit of the doubt, and if he has been in CAP since the age rule then he most likely is on the mature side. Also, he isn't in my wing, group, or Sq, so I have very little to worry about :p

little kid

I don't have a problem with the kid, it all depends on the facts that is he knows his knowledge, is resceptful, and very mature for his age. No one can really judge the candet unless proff of his inability to lead. Other than that there's really nothing wrong with it. Yes, he is fairly young for a 1st lt. but I don't feel that his squadron would put him as C/CC unless he proved him self to be a strong leader, mature, and able to take on the responsibilities that follow with his position.

c/SMsgt Sarah Stenuf
NY Syracuse Composite Squadron 135

It is...believe me it is.

Another thing, they wouldn't have advertised it unless they wanted to get fire. So, unless someone is out to get that Sq, I think they are pretty darn proud to have that cadet.

That kid must really know his stuff! Cadet Commander at such a young age? Isnt there an set age to join CAP? For Cadets Canada you must be at least 12 years old to join.

Well I gotta give the kid some credit. And I think its kinda funny thought you have an 17 year old airman taking orders from a 12 year old Captain LOL

So I went to Honor Guard Academy, and from what Ohio cadets tell me about this 13 year old captain is that the squadron is run like the boy-scouts and he is just what i think he is...a kid with 3 pips. he also went to honor uard academy 2 years ago and i have been told that he did some scary crap there. But the fact being he is only able to be a C/CC because no one knows any better.

USAFAUX2004 said:

Hey, that's great!! They outlined his accomplishments without bowing down to him and worshiping him, altho they still made it evident that they hold quite a bit of pride for this cadet. That's outstanding!

CAPmech said:
the only way he could have possiably gotten 1lt is that he was in it when the rule was that you at least had to be 6th grade he was prolly 10 and homeschooled when he joined other than that thats the only way i could evdr see that happening and it wont happen agian b/c of the rules saying that you have to be 12 years old before you can join :cen: er!!!!

Ok... It could happen again. But more then likely won't. You never know, there could be another 8 year old joiner floating around somehwere in the nation. Then again, I really have no idea what you were saying. Oh yeah, lay off the homeschoolers. The kid could have been a public schooler who was just smart enough to be passed at an early age.

Um, whats :cen:er for? I think you need to decide on a better way to do things. Get your :cen: in line, buddy. (That's an example of how you can use it, not as something to call someone a name.)

c/Commander said:
Yup. How'd he do that?

Probably worked his butt off and took the program seriously. He's more then likely been in for a while, and therefore he has a good idea as to how the program works. More then likely he's been in for about 3 years or so. Sounds pretty hardcore to me, and very rounded as far as Emergency Services (missions), Aerospace (Rocketry Badge), and Cadet Programs (Drill Team, Color Guard, etc. etc) Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

CAP_FOXTROTgrl6 said:
I don't have a problem with the kid, it all depends on the facts that is he knows his knowledge, is resceptful, and very mature for his age. No one can really judge the candet unless proff of his inability to lead. Other than that there's really nothing wrong with it. Yes, he is fairly young for a 1st lt. but I don't feel that his squadron would put him as C/CC unless he proved him self to be a strong leader, mature, and able to take on the responsibilities that follow with his position.

c/SMsgt Sarah Stenuf
NY Syracuse Composite Squadron 135

Agreed.

CadetGirl605 said:
I didn't think that was possible...
If someone joined today, it isn't. Provided that you join on your 12th birthday, you must be 13.5+ years old to even recieve your Mitchell (C/2d Lt). However, you used to be able to join if you were in the 6th grade. Therefore you had some high speed smart kids who were in the 6th grade and 8 years old (or homeschooled) joining.

alliehz said:
It is...believe me it is.

Another thing, they wouldn't have advertised it unless they wanted to get fire. So, unless someone is out to get that Sq, I think they are pretty darn proud to have that cadet.
I would be too.

CAPmech said:
weeeeelllllllllllll xxxxcccccuuuuzzzzzz me what is a puncuation??? ;) :?:
Cut the crap and show some respect. You earn the right with people to act like that. Maybe you don't believe me, but it kinda works like that in regular society too.

airmanpatroler said:
Well I gotta give the kid some credit. And I think its kinda funny thought you have an 17 year old airman taking orders from a 12 year old Captain LOL

Sometimes it works out that way. However, if the kid is up to speed enough, the age difference won't be as obvious. I've had some cadets that iwouldn't mind being led by who are younger then I.

USAFAUX2004 said:
So I went to Honor Guard Academy, and from what Ohio cadets tell me about this 13 year old captain is that the squadron is run like the boy-scouts and he is just what i think he is...a kid with 3 pips. he also went to honor uard academy 2 years ago and i have been told that he did some scary crap there. But the fact being he is only able to be a C/CC because no one knows any better.
Rumor mill sucks. So does jealousy.

Just be proud of the kid. I am. He's accomplished things outside of his unit, therefore I don't think boyscouts is quite the word. By the way, I'm not the person you want to associate anything havig to do with missions with boyscouts. Believe me, I've done joint CAP/Boyscout training (i was training them), and you can't go on a mission and it work out if they are just "boyscouts".

Get. Over. It. If I were your cadet commander, I would make sure that you met this cadet before you said anything about him.

stellsamurai said:
Nelson_CAP said:
Thats just :cen: up.

Yeah :lol:
No, some of the immaturity on this thread is.

*lock* until someone can PM me with a worthy response instead of beating this poor kid down because he got to the goodies before you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back