Do you really belive that Iraq is second Vietnam for USA?

oRTouCH

Do you believe that Iraq is second Vietnam for USA?
If you belive, why?

Last edited:
I think the Iraq is a second Vietnam for USA not the Iran, not yet.
In my opinion the US government is playing worldpolice and everybody who don't want the US-way is a target for a pre-emptive strike in the name of the whole world.

[irony] Yes I know that I'm not right my US-friends [/ironyoff]

So long!
Légionnaire

Iraq follows the same historical template for the Vietnam war. In a nutshell: Accomplish primary military goals, fail the political aspect and bungle the rebuilding phase. By all accounts, our soldiers have acted admirably. It's the stuff on the home front prior to invasion that really screwed us over.

Not yet! .........

Iraq is NOT a second Vietnam (YET!).

It may very well become one though ... IF ... our politicians and military leaders don't get their shiite in one sock by pulling their heads out of their arses and realise that we are no longer involved a fight to win a military victory - it has become a war to accomplish a political victory. For the US to end up being the victor in this struggle, Iraq MUST be given the necessary tools to determine their own destiny. That means that it is necessary for Iraq to have a viable force that can protect their borders from foreign incursion and a viable police force to insure the safety of their citizens on their own city streets. The rest of the infrastructure repair, will very easily follow the accomplishment of these first two goals.

When we leave Iraq - IF their Army and their Police forces are able to offer protection to the citizenry, then it will be a win in the Americans favor.

However - if we leave Iraq with the country in a state of anarchy - it would be another Vietnam (Something the United States can NOT afford)..

Terrorism in iraq doesn't exist,why?
I think because some Middle Eastern nations hope this situation.
For Iran
Iraq had been the worst enemy of Iran.
So ,Iran never want iraq to be strong as saddam era.
And for many islamic nations,people hating america is good for privilege to avoid being criticised as they monopolize rich of oil.
Ironically,Internet take a part of yellow paper this day.
Bias make people naiveness as racism,fasism, ethnic cleansing showed.
Anti american people+weapons made in Iran=Terrorists.

How to end this war?
In near future,more mercenaries will take many parts of security to avoid death of american soldiers.
Eventually,terrorists might be tired with war and peace might come suddenly・・・・・・・・・・・・

Terrorism in iraq doesn't exist,why?
I think because some Middle Eastern nations hope this situation.
For Iran
Iraq had been the worst enemy of Iran.
So ,Iran never want iraq to be strong as saddam era.
And for many islamic nations,people hating america is good for privilege to avoid being criticised as they monopolize rich of oil.
Ironically,Internet take a part of yellow paper this day.
Bias make people naiveness as racism,fasism, ethnic cleansing showed.
Anti american people+weapons made in Iran=Terrorists.

How to end this war?
In near future,more mercenaries will take many parts of security to avoid death of american soldiers.
Eventually,terrorists might be tired with war and peace might come suddenly・・・・・・・・・・・・

I don't know about the other members on this forum ... but ...

What the h*ll are you talking about - what you have posted makes no sense to me.

If you are having trouble with your English, get some help. For sure I have no idea what you are trying to say.

He said, that the Iraq never would be a state with good working forces like police and army because there are to many people who hate the US and I think he is right.
The people in middle east are people who want to take their own decisions and control their lifes by own way.
Perhaps not every human want to life the US-way, but that's what the US don't want to see. In her own opinion the US think, they are the worldpolice who must help everybody and protect the world of the bad guys. I don't think that the humans in middle east see it like the US, I think they want to do it on her own way without the US and because of this reasons Iraq is a second Vietnam...

Glück ab!
Légionnaire

Iraq will only become a second Vietnam if we want it to be, Vietnam was lost in the streets of Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, etc. not the Jungles of Vietnam. Iraq will be the same way, if we continue to dwell strictly on the negatives of Iraq and if we place our priorities on pulling out rather than stabilization we will definetly turn this into another, but shorter, Vietnam.

You have one group of politicians saying the other failed. You have The other group saying we're making progress and that the other group is the reason for the problems. One side wants us to fail for political reasons, and vice versa. With all this, the soldiers and Iraqi civilians are caught in the middle. Do you seriously think we'd have these problems if politicians could pull their heads out of their fourth point of contact and work together? That should be the question. Another Vietnam? Not a chance. This time the soldiers have the support of the people of America. The death toll, substantially lower due to better gear. Vietnam was a drafted army, not a volunteer force.

That 1/3 could make a huge impact. 1/3 would be 40 people out of a 120 man company. 40 people could easily destroy the morale of a company. The last thing you want to hear is "aww ****! I dont want to be here!" when you are getting shot at.

I don't care if you're drafted or if you've volunteered, if you're in the crap and getting shot at you're gonna hear that a lot Big_Z. Mostly from your own inner voice though, trust me ;)

I believe you Top, but I would make sure not to say it out loud. I know once that first bullet goes by me I am going to be scared to death but I chose to do this and I will suck it up and drive on.

Last edited:
You won't have a choice.
In any event, back to the topic at hand, Iraq is not Vietnam and I hope it won't turn into one. At this point I think the pols need to crap or get off the pot. Either give the military what they need to complete the job over there or concede to the left and turn tail and get out before the country is stabilized and the Iraqi government can handle its own affairs.

I agree with you Top. the problem is that polititians only know how to bicker, not really get anything done. If they just gave the troops on the ground what they ask for, things could be wrapped up quicker.

I agree with you Top. the problem is that polititians only know how to bicker, not really get anything done. If they just gave the troops on the ground what they ask for, things could be wrapped up quicker.

As I remember, this was an often heard lament from the troops and military leaders during the Vietnam War.

Back