Realistic War Game: U.S. Military Tournament - Page 2

--

March 6th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I played the demo. It's alright. Nothing spectacular.
March 8th, 2005  
Madfraga

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
What were your favorite and least favorite aspects of the demo? Did you at least enjoy it more than Command & conquer and Real War?
March 8th, 2005  
Madfraga

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcastHuman
It hasnt downloaded for me yet. It freezes when I try and download it but I played it at a friends house and thought it was a great game so I cant wait until March 11th. Plus Im getting the game for free so its all the better.
Yes, free is always nice. So are you in the military? Do you like the idea of a huge 50,000-100,000 person Act of War tournament?
--
March 8th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madfraga
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
What were your favorite and least favorite aspects of the demo? Did you at least enjoy it more than Command & conquer and Real War?
Yes I think this game is better than those two.
March 12th, 2005  
Madfraga

Whoa, check out the info about video game nukes here. Also a sweet video to check out.

http://www.livejournal.com/~act_of_war/
March 16th, 2005  
Madfraga

OK- I finally got my official copy of Act of War and here is my brief 1st impression.

What really sticks out is that you don't look at it in terms of mission 1, mission 2, etc. because all of the live-action cut scenes are blended in so well (and there's so MANY) that it seriously feels like an interactive movie/story. I've never really had that feeling from an RTS game before and it adds a LOT to the overall enjoyment of the game.

I only played multiplayer for an hour or so and was getting my azz kicked. I must have overestimated my skills and UNDERestimated the popularity of this game: Ranked #5 on gamespot with an 8.7 rating. Ah well, a couple hundred more hours under my belt and I'll be able to dominate.

Anyone else play this yet? I'll be down for some multiplayer action once I get a little better.