Boots

January 23rd, 2005  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman
if its a stalemate its not ownage

let me remind you that its a infantrybased peasant army vs a modern army

so really the chinese army owned
Yes, we will just ignore the numerical advantage the Chinese had over the UN forces, or the fact that N. Korea had a modernized Army that we crushed first.
January 23rd, 2005  
A Can of Man

No, Sexybeast is right. Seoul changed hands on several occasions after the Chinese intervened... I think as much as 6 times... fighting was crazy too in general. Some mountain tops changed ownership like 3 or 4 times in one day.
January 23rd, 2005  
Chinaman

redneck 13 is true, the fighting was so harsh that the only changes made to break the stalemate was to change the tactics or new weapons, but strategy is useless as both sides fought in trench warefare and tanks are useless in mountains

the north korean army was modernized, but remember that koreans never had any kind of warfare experience before the korean war.

after the north korean army got owned, they hid beind the chinese army and did some minor attacks.

it was said that heights often had millions of shells, shrapel and bullet shell casings as well as thousands of craters, miles of trenches and virtually; there is no trees left
--
Boots
January 23rd, 2005  
Sexybeast

i have to say that both sides fought like nuts...

PLA seemed to be unstopable when first entering the war that they pushed U.S back into a long long way of retreat...(even lost Souel) until U.S army found out that PLA had over stratched itself and its supply line..then they counter attacked..

from that point..korean war becomes an endless struggling alone the 38th parralle
January 23rd, 2005  
A Can of Man

Chinaman you're wrong again.
There was military experience on both sides, though much more on the North Korean army's side than the South.

North Korea's army largely consisted of guerilla fighters who fought along side the Communist Chinese against the Japanese. In any case, the leadership of those movements largely stayed in North Korea. These guys had fighting experience, and the wealth of hardware brought in from the USSR gave them a distinct advantage in the beginning. Even American forces who first felt the invasion got decimated as the North Koreans edged closer to Busan.

South Korea's army consisted only of a few such guerilla fighters as being closer to Japan, these people were more largely controlled by the Japanese and used in forced labor and also in conscription. Quite a few served the "lower" tasks of the Imperial Japanese armed forces but then again there were those who served as officers in the Imperial Japanese Army. So there was military experience.... just not a whole lot of it.

So to say that both of the Koreas lacked military experience is actually false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
i have to say that both sides fought like nuts...

PLA seemed to be unstopable when first entering the war that they pushed U.S back into a long long way of retreat...(even lost Souel) until U.S army found out that PLA had over stratched itself and its supply line..then they counter attacked..

from that point..korean war becomes an endless struggling alone the 38th parralle
That's quite well put. When the UN forces reached the Yalu river, the UN forces were actually also stretched to the limit and the horrible weather made resupply here very tough. When the war reached around the 38th Parellel, the Chinese were in turn overstretched. But at this point, the lines were so well established it became more like World War I.
But not just that, despite having so many men, the human wave tactic (that now at this point even the UN used on occasion) led to so many Chinese losses that I don't believe that they could afford the masses they successfully used earlier in the conflict. That is more of a personal belief so I wouldn't put money on it.
January 24th, 2005  
Chinaman

little military experice, this is only true when COMPARED

i wasnt wrong, i didnt expect u not to know what i was comparing the korean military experience with

china had seasoned troops during the korean war, and millions had served as gurellas as well as in the civil war.

care to give a source: about north korean gurellas

it is true koreans fought aginist the japanese, but as far as i know there was nothing about it.

indirectly if the koreans did do some gurella warefare, then i shall thank them becauase most of the army supplies sent into china for the jap army was through korea
January 24th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Okay here are some sources:

http://dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist.../koreahis.html
It's actually about the Anarchist movements but does mention Korean guerillas.

http://www.koreanwar-educator.org/to...n_massacre.htm
"Some North Korean officers had even fought with the Russians in World War II, taking part in the liberation of Berlin. “The North Korean soldiers could crawl farther on their bellies than the American soldiers could walk,” one U.S. officer said later. "
More proof on Korean combat experience, though this one I really wasn't aware of.

http://www.who2.com/kimilsung.html
A brief on Kim Il-sung. He was a guerilla leader against the Japanese in the fight for independence. Well he couldn't have been a guerilla leader if there was no guerilla activity right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Il_Sung
Wikipedia on Kim Il-sung and mentions how he was a part of the anti-Japanese guerilla movement.

http://www.gkn-la.net/main/projects/...ry_project.htm
""In the late 19th and early 20th century, the forebears of today’s koryo saram emigrated from the peninsula to the Russian Far East, some of them in order to wage guerilla warfare against Japanese colonial forces in Korea. Ironically then, in 1937, Stalin deported all of these settlers—approximately 200,000— to Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, on the official premise that the Koreans might act as spies for Japan.""
On Korean TV nowadays you still see documentaries on these people who now live in mostly Kazakhstan. They are called "Koryo-in"s, which means Koryo people.

So that's some sources on the Korean guerilla movement.

I'm very surprised you don't know a damn thing about it because that was the one war where we fought together and you guys didn't end up screwing us over.
January 24th, 2005  
Sexybeast

we screwed u ppl over? when? end up ? wut r u talking about..

i know u got some weird hatred towards chinese ppl...
i ve chat with u on MSN, REMOVED
chinese ppl fought in korea for their nation's benifit and also the request of north korean leaders...

i know u dont like north koreans and REMOVED although most of koreans wanna reunit together....
but still..dont insult chinese ppl here, they fought bravely despite the lack of modern equipments and adequate supplies....and they pushed the modern armies led by U.S back into a total retreat (from Yalu to 38th)..
that was remarkable
January 24th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Hey, we got guys who fought bravely too. So you can stop insulting them as well.
January 24th, 2005  
Sexybeast

yeah, truly agree on that one.